Courthouse Security Officer
Allegan County Allegan, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
Provides Courthouse security and bailiff duties to the District Courts. Responsible for screening individuals entering the Courthouse, responding quickly to alarm points or any breaches of security, intervening in potentially problematic situations in order to diffuse possible violence, and transporting local inmates between the Court and Jail. Provide security and guidance during any lockdown or weather related event in the Courthouse. Maintain and monitor the holding cells located at the Courthouse.
Wage and Hours: $18.37 per hour, no benefits. Part-time with up to 17 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Secure the courthouse building and conduct security inspections of citizens and employees who enter, or are on, court property.
- Screen all citizens entering the courthouse for weapons and contraband.
- Operate screening equipment at the courthouse entry points including metal detectors, x-ray inspection systems, and visual inspections of packages, brief cases, bags and other items.
- Monitor inmates being held in holding cells at the courthouse.
- Transport of inmates to and from the Allegan County Jail and Youth Home.
- Patrol the grounds of the courthouse for any suspicious activity and respond to any police or security issues.
- Act as bailiff for the District Court and process all subjects for the courts.
- Prepare necessary written reports and records.
- Assist in other areas of the court as directed as it relates to security.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Corrections, or closely related field.
- Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) certified.
- Certified in the following: Firearms qualification, CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, Defensive Tactics, and Data Master.
Powered by JazzHR
GovernmentView all jobs at Allegan County