This position drives truck equipped with water and keeps proper level on all equipment assigned to the driver. Conducts all work in accordance with company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Makes daily pre/post trip inspections on assigned vehicle in order to maintain maximum vehicle safety conditions and to check for any damaged or work parts or for any signs of tampering. Must report all problems found to the shop immediately.
- Drives tanker truck to predetermined destinations applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and of roads in the area.
- Work with Paving Crews, Spray Bituminous Tack-Coat.
- Maintains a truck log in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Communicates any problems with traffic or with site conditions are reported promptly. Also, gets information on the location of the job site and the locations of any light bridges or roads on the way to the site.
- Complies with all aspects of truck maintenance, cleanliness and repair in accordance with the guidelines specified in the Truck Driver's Handbook.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred or related work experience
- 1 -2 yrs CDL driving experience with a GVW of 33,000 pounds or greater
- Must have Tanker endorsement
- In compliance with all DOT physical requirements
- Valid class B Commercial Drivers License is required
- Hazmat experience preferred but not required
- Skilled in the operation of loading and unloading of fuel and oil from the fuel truck at terminals
- Valid Driver’s license required
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.