The primary objective of equipment maintenance is the repair and up-keep of production equipment; making sure to keep it in a safe, effective operating condition so that production and quality targets can be met on time and at cost.
- Develop quick and accurate communication with field personnel and dispatch.
- Assure quality of repairs to minimize recall/duplicate work.
- Assure compliance with all governmental and company safety polices.
- Comply with Human Resources policies.
- Review shop tool requirements to do work more efficient.
- Observe and report any deficiencies to forward our PM program for effectiveness and possible additions to our program.
- Participate in technical training with dealer / manufacturer and as much as possible and pass on that training to other mechanics.
- Work daily with Internal Department, Field Managers and Superintendents as well as Field Mechanics.
- Keeps an open communication link with our vendors and manufacturers.
- Interpret data in our computer database to help make repair / replace decisions.
- This position will be hourly and require overtime as needed.
- Service Truck must be kept clean and orderly
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education/Certification:
- 1 year experience repairing heavy construction equipment required.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school preferred.
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be comfortable with all components of heavy construction machinery including: diesel engines, power transmissions, hydrostatic drives.
- Open and closed circuit hydraulics as well as compensating systems
- Possess trouble shooting and repair of electronic systems on modern machinery.
- Ability to make repair decisions quickly and rationally.
- Expected to keep all sensitive material confidential.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all types of equipment operations
- Able to arrange schedules, recommend machinery to be down for repair as needed, and able to make parts orders.
- Ability to give and receive written or oral instructions.
- Must have ability to work independently.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- Cat Et & SIS, Pro SIS (Volvo) knowledge/Experience.
- Basic skills in OXY/Acetylene torch.
- Basic Stick Welding 7018,6010
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.