Allstates Consulting Services is looking for a Logistics Manager for a Telecommunications General Contracting customer in the Louisville KY market. This is a local position, so need to be within 45 min or so of Louisville. The manager will give preference to candidates who have previous experience working as a Logistics Manger within a telecom setting: I.E. wireless construction, outside plant, cable/fiber etc.
This is a 6 to 9 month assignment with the possibility of extension or conversion to full time with a major industry player.
This position reports to a Program Manager or Director, and is responsible for a subset of material/logistics activities related to wireless projects within a geographic market or region. These projects typically involve turn-key site development services to build or modify wireless networks.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers and customers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train logistics and quality staff
- Meet productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate significant expertise and/or experience related to large-scale wireless program deployments in a leadership capacity.
Areas of emphasis include:
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and database environments
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Risk Management / Mitigation and Creative Problem Solving Skills
Desire at least 5-8 years of logistics experience in the telecommunications field and BA/BS degree. PMP Certification is a plus.
We offer weekly pay, access to Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, LTD & STD insurance, Met Law etc..
please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org