Allstates Consulting Services is looking for several Infrastructure Technicians to perform skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure materials.
- Monday - Thursday 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Customer site is located in Rio Rancho, NM
- Previous experience Installing inner duct and fiber optic cable
- Comfortable working in an Outside Plant environment.
- Worker will be required to have their own basic cabling industry hand tools & hard soled shoes
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High school / GED or equivalent required. Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables.
- Industry and manufacturer specific experience and/or certifications preferred (examples: Corning CFI or CFD strongly desired; Fiber Optic, BICSI, Commscope).
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- When required, healthcare specific certifications and experience (examples: infectious control, safety, bloodborne pathogens certifications, etc.)
- Comprehension of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
• Allstates Consulting is an Ethical staffing operation, we will NEVER present your resume to our client without obtaining your consent.
• The majority of our clients are large employers hiring hundreds of contract professionals.
• On average, one out of 5 placements we make convert to a permanent employee.
• We offer full health/dental/vision and 401K benefits to all of our contractors.
AllStates Consulting Services
Why Work Here?We are one of the few staffing agencies trying to make a difference in the staffing industry by disclosing as many of the details regarding our open positions upfront. • Allstates Consulting is an Ethical staffing operation, we will NEVER present your resume to our client without obtaining your consent. • The majority of our clients are large employers hiring hundreds of contract professionals. • On average, one out of 5 placements we make convert to a permanent employee. • We offer full health/dental/vision and 401K benefits to all of our contractors.
Great opportunity for career development!
Rio Rancho, NM