IT Infrastructure Manager
Allredi is an industrial manufacturer and distributor with locations across the United States and Canada, newly created as a product of the merger of two leaders in abrasives, APE Companies and Marco Group International. Our organization specializes in industrial distribution and manufacture of industrial abrasive equipment. From our foundation of strong relationships, we have built a nationwide network that puts vast inventory and ready service close to our customers.
We are currently seeking to add an IT Infrastructure Manager to our Pasadena, TX headquarters. The IT Manager will plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization's IT infrastructure.
The role's main responsibilities include:
- Performs analysis of server infrastructure environment needs and contributes to design architecture, integration, and installation.
- Maintains hardware and software lifecycle maintenance and asset refresh needs.
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platforms provide sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
- Evaluates hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations. Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Establishes and controls systems access and security. Performs regular security access audit reviews.
- Monitors customer service and maintains infrastructure stability, collects and analyzes key performance metrics required for regular consumption and capacity analysis.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware and software services.
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of platform configurations and infrastructure architecture.
- Develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Directly supervises members of the IT team, including directing work, appraising performance, and providing development opportunities.
- Performs other non-essential duties as assigned
The ideal person will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable experience plus a minimum of 5-8 years in production IT management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and create departmental deliverables to support organizational objectives.
- Advanced networking certifications preferred.
- Extensive experience managing complex Active Directory environments.
- Extensive experience managing server virtualization platforms.
- Experience managing multi-tenant Azure and AWS implementations.
- Extensive experience required managing teams and with responsibility for completing complex deployment projects within budget and on specific timelines.
- Experience designing and/or troubleshooting server infrastructure problems and providing superior customer service. Experience with popular server OS platforms.
- Experience working with network monitoring systems or equivalent experience.
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols, Internet technologies and standards, Internet security issues, circuit technologies, communications engineering standards, web and network access technologies, computer office software suites.
- Experience managing Microsoft O365 tenants.
- Experience with Meraki and Cisco VoIP platforms.
Allredi is an equal opportunity employer. No third parties please.
Great atmosphere, wonderful team members, work-life balance. Join us as we build an extraordinary company!
Allredi was formed in early 2020, when two of the largest distributors in the blasting, coating, safety, and environmental industry, APE Companies and Marco Group International, joined forces. While the qualities both companies are known for have not changed, a lot about our business is new. New abilities. New agilities. New ways to help you win. This calls for a new name, Allredi. This name exemplifies what we have become. It is completely oriented to the needs of our customers. To your needs. It says that when you call us for anything – products, service, expert advice, anything – you can consider it done. Or even better, Allredi done. Allredi recognizes that our value starts with the team that we have assembled. We strive to maintain a diverse, creative, talented group of individuals to represent our organization and execute the commitment we make to our customers.
3009 Pasadena FreewayPasadena, TX
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.