Health Information Technician I
AllHealth Network Englewood, CO
- Expired: June 18, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Can you join AllHealth Network? Yes you can - if you're excited by the thought of working with over 400 colleagues, 18,000 clients, being valued for the work that you do and can embrace the mission of the organization, which is to provide is to enhance quality of life for individuals and families in our community through compassionate, integrated behavioral health services. We are seeking a detail-oriented health information technician to be a part of our Health Information team in the PART TIME, 24 Hours a week, flexible schedule position of HIM Tech I. If you are passionate about what you do and want to make a difference, please apply.
Provide advanced, detail-oriented health information services to the Network with excellent customer service to internal and external customers to protect the privacy and security of client protected health information.
Goals and Objectives:
• Timely, accurate tracking of legal documentation and state reporting for all clients under 27-65 status
• Facilitate timely, accurate release of medical records to third party requestors and directly to the client according to organizational policies as well as state and federal HIPAA regulations
• Ensure medical record quality, completeness and accuracy through auditing, discharge analysis, and deficiency tracking
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct discharge analyses of Bridge House client records
• Prepare auditing repots of charting discrepancies and associated corrective action plans
• Audit all records of clients certified under 27-65 regulations and track all related legal paperwork
• Follow appropriate release of information practices for all Protected Health Information.
• Audit Medicaid and Medicare records for proper documentation of services, as directed by Health Information Manager and Quality Improvement & Compliance departmental needs
• Serve as a subject matter expert as needed for all staff and clients in the areas of medical records policies, practices, and regulations related to release of information practices.
• Responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of medical records in both electronic and paper form while providing excellent customer service.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and clients.
• Provide onboarding of new health information staff to orient to AllHealth Network practices, policies & procedures.
• Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures.
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines.
• Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Registered Health Information Technician required. A minimum of two years of health information management experience required.
• Data entry and computer competency and speed with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, Excel), and electronic health record navigation. Competency in spelling, grammar, problem solving, and computation. Ability to type 50 wpm and maintain an accurate, up-to-date filing system. Familiarity with medical or clinical records.
HealthcareView all jobs at AllHealth Network