Can you join AllHealth Network? Yes you can - if you're excited by the thought of working with over 400 colleagues, 17,000 clients, being valued for the work that you do and can embrace the mission of the organization, which is to provide is to enhance quality of life for individuals and families in our community through compassionate, integrated behavioral health services. We are seeking a motivated individual to be a part of our Crisis Diversion Team in the PRN position to be a Crisis Evaluator to respond to crisis calls and complete comprehensive assessments of persons whose lives are disrupted or complicated by mental illness, behavioral disturbances, substance abuse issues, or the inability to function or maintain in the community.
Saturday 7PM - 7:30AM
$34 an Hour
Respond to crisis calls and complete comprehensive assessments of persons whose lives are disrupted or complicated by mental illness, behavioral disturbances, substance abuse issues, or the inability to function or maintain in the community
Goals and Objectives:
• Conduct thorough assessments in the facility or community for clients experiencing a crisis and develop comprehensive treatment plans based on client need
• Make clinically appropriate dispositions to the safest, least restrictive environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide mental health crisis evaluation and safety planning for clients experiencing a crisis. Evaluations may take place at AllHealth Network locations or in the community (hospitals, emergency rooms, police stations, jails, juvenile detention facilities, courts of law, homes schools, departments of human services, etc.)
• Complete intake and crisis assessments using appropriate mental health assessment and approved documentation coding
• Complete screening and assessments for voluntary and emergency holds; when necessary, establish 27-65 mental health holds for clients requiring involuntary commitment
• Conduct triage assessments and obtain collateral information to ensure that emergency interventions consider the context of the client’s overall plan and avoid harm and re-traumatization
• Navigate the treatment needs of the client and make referrals to internal and external resources as appropriate, aligning care outcomes
• Assign persons in need of treatment to the appropriate outpatient program and complete and coordinate inpatient admissions
• Perform professional interpretation and analysis of clinical data and assessments to formulate a service plan, a comprehensive summary of care, treatment and diagnosis, and involving the family and/or other caretakers in all aspects of client care, as appropriate
• Communicate professionally and effectively with client’s fund source regarding clinical recommendations and requests for authorization for levels of care requiring pre-authorization
• Coordinate ongoing services with AllHealth Network and/or community agencies as appropriate
• Review documentation for referrals to the Acute Treatment Unit and determine clinical appropriateness for admission
• Work with the Crisis Response Team and other treatment teams to track bed availability and efficiency of admissions
• Meet Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) requirements for assessment domains within an intake assessment
• Provide cross-coverage and backup for Phone Crisis Counselors as needed
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field. Licensure required.
• Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a clinical setting in the behavioral health field.
• Demonstrate a high level of skill in assessment, evaluation and therapeutic engagement of diverse clients; use of evidence-based counseling models and techniques that match presenting problems; good diagnostic skills and treatment/care planning; and the ability to work with clinical documentation and electronic health records (EHR).
• Knowledge of DSM V and working principles of recovery and trauma-informed care in treatment planning and in direct care. Experience working with individuals and families who experience various behavioral health problems.
• Ability to operate PC-based software programs including proficiency in Word, Excel and other computer based systems.
• Possess advanced written and oral communication, decision making and problem solving skills, and efficient time management. Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team; collaborating with other internal and external teams.
• Must possess own transportation, have a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
• Extensive knowledge of the DSM V and criteria application to individuals during initial assessment.
• Ability to conceptualize a case to develop an individualized treatment plan for each client.
• Basic understanding of different levels of care and medical necessity for each to ensure appropriate services for individuals based on presenting need.
• Demonstrated competence in evaluation and intervention in crisis situations
AllHealth Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Licenses & Certifications Required
We are a trusted family of mental health and substance use providers. Our warm, smart, compassionate clinicians (counselors, therapists, social workers, psychiatrists, case managers, nurses) offer a consistent model of clinical excellence with a focus on personalized goals for treatment. Whether this is your first call to seek services, a mental health emergency, or if you have been a client with us for years, our providers are here to serve you with an open heart and mind.
C = Your neighborhood resource for...
Care: We offer same day walk-in initial appointments in Littleton and Parker and 24/7 crisis care.
Community: As a large community mental health center, we are able to offer mental health or substance use assessment appointments within 7 days of request.
Connection: We help you build social connections and understand the importance of belonging.
Crisis: our Walk-in Crisis center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide crisis evaluations for all ages.
Conversation: We have almost 200 clinicians working in various programs across our Network—20 of whom are trained in Dr. Brené Brown’s The Daring WayTM to provide powerful conversation with clients who want to live freely and authentically.
Counseling: Our highly skilled providers are trained in the latest, most effective, evidence-based practices with demonstrated outcomes.
Co-Occurring: We offer co-occurring treatment for those dealing with both mental health and addiction.