Assist 18th Judicial department defendants in navigating available behavioral health services at community mental health centers and other community organizations. Inform criminal justice entities of available services and resource needs. Facilitate timely collaboration and consultation with criminal justice entities as the liaison between AllHealth Network and the 18th Judicial Department.
Goals and Objectives:
· Using trauma-informed care and culturally-competent evidence-based practices, collaborate and consult with criminal justice entities to facilitate behavioral health referrals and resources for 18th judicial defendants
· Provide screening and assessment services of defendants to effectively understand the psycho-social, physical and behavioral health care needs
· Communicate and collaborate with judicial colleagues to seamlessly refer to community behavioral health resources and provide treatment options
· Promote a positive culture of collaboration as a representative of AllHealth Network within the 18th Judicial district
Title of position to whom this job reports:
· Supervisor or Team Lead
These positions report to this job:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely and collaborate with criminal justice entities using a trauma-informed and culturally-competent model
· Conduct timely screening and assessment of defendants for behavioral health conditions via HIPAA compliant record review and/or use of statewide court data system to determine need for referral and treatment options
· Identify and provide appropriate public and private programs, resources and treatment options available for mental health services, substance use treatment, transition and wraparound services to defendants, offenders, and those diverted from the criminal justice system.
· Assist with timely consultation with criminal justice involved entities assigned to the case regarding the individual’s behavioral health condition, involvement with mental health services, and resource availability
· Coordinate with jail-based behavioral health providers to ensure continuity of care and service delivery for individuals who have been screened and show a need for behavioral health services
· Track cases where screening, assessments, or consultations have occurred, including any outcomes or court orders related to those efforts
· Provide timely, accurate data regarding the work of the Bridges Program to the judicial department, as required
· Participate and contribute to departmental meetings, supervision and other meetings, as needed, to ensure cohesive operations and communication between AllHealth Network and the 18th Judicial Department
· Enhance professional growth and development through participation in specialized training and other informal learning experiences necessary to fulfill the role of the court liaison
· Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
· Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning within required timelines
· Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee. May include but not limited to identification of gaps/areas of need within our catchment area, non-case specific consultation to criminal justice personnel regarding behavioral health and community treatment options.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
· Bachelor’s degree in a health/behavioral health related area of focus such as social work, psychology, sociology or criminal justice.
· Minimum of two years of experience in a mental health, substance use or human services setting such as a community-based agency, behavioral health center, or psychiatric facility/residence.
· Specialized experience and/or knowledge working with criminal justice systems strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of behavioral health terminology, understanding of care coordination and case management related service functions (i.e., outreach and engagement, community resources, discharge planning, referrals, funding resources).
· Ability to operate PC-based software programs including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other computer based systems.
· Possess excellent customer service skills, strong organization skills, flexibility in responding to multiple demands, able to complete routine work with minimal direction from supervisor.
· Communicate effectively in written and oral communication with health care team, individuals and families, and community providers.