We are hiring for multiple positions. We need Co-Responder for both Englewood and Arapahoe County.
The CIT Co-Responder is embedded with a local law enforcement detective or team of officers and will respond with officers to calls for or from citizens who appear to have a mental health or substance use concern.
The CIT Co- Responder will assist in de-escalation; assess the immediate needs of the individual (housing, food, medications, psychiatric services, medical issues etc.) with the goal of crisis stabilization. These clinicians will also assist with linkage to appropriate mental health, substance abuse, and medical providers as appropriate. Written referrals are also received from officers after an encounter. The CIT Coordinator is primarily responsible for follow up on written reports, but may request that the CIT Co-Responder make a face to face outreach with law enforcement as a follow up.
Other responsibilities include participating in facilitation of CIT Training for law enforcement officers, Ride-along's, Shift change updates.
40 hour work shift will include afternoon/evening hours. May work Monday – Thursday 11A – 7PM and Friday 8A – 3P.
Title of position to whom this job reports:
- Supervisor or Team Lead These positions report to this job:
- Work in an integrated team, co-located in a law enforcement office. Coordinate services received by the clients within the CIT Case Management Team. This position will be 40 hours per week and will necessitate carrying a cell phone during work hours. There will be flexible scheduling and evening hours will be necessary.
- Participation and successful completion of the 40-hour CIT Officer Training required within six months of hire.
- Must work effectively as a part of an interdisciplinary team, including CIT officers, in order to efficiently meet the needs of clients.
- Provide outreach to individuals in the community who are referred by CIT police officers. Provide follow-up and crisis intervention as needed. Coordinate services with CIT Coordinator and Forensic Services Team.
- Link and refer individuals to other needed resources in the community. Facilitate activation of benefits for all individuals who meet criteria.
- Work with individuals until clearly linked with community providers who can assume ongoing treatment services.
- Provide and maintain accurate documentation of one's interventions with and for clients. This includes record keeping required by funding sources, and AllHealth Network. Must complete required documentation legibly, within established timelines, and to accepted standards of practice.
- Interface with the local police departments to provide education about the CIT Program, about mental illness and various services that are available in the community.
- Participate in "ride alongs" with police officers in order to facilitate a positive working relationship and to provide education and resources.
- Provide feedback to police officers that will acknowledge that their referrals to the CIT Team are making a difference for consumers in their community.
- Work effectively as part of the Forensic Services and other AllHealth Network interdisciplinary teams in order to coordinate a treatment plan that can facilitate recovery for individuals referred to the program.
- Expected to follow all AllHealth Network clinical policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including those related to confidentiality, release of information and record keeping.
- Complete and follow through with financial and clinical information necessary to ensure reimbursement for services provided to consumers by all payers.
- Expected to demonstrate customer service focus, good communication and professionalism with consumers, co-workers and outside agency personnel in order to provide high quality services and to enhance community relationships.
- Attend and participate as an active member in: a) AllHealth Network meetings and trainings as directed; b) individual and group supervision as required
- Complete all required trainings as listed in Essential Learning (both online trainings and face-to-face trainings).
- Perform other duties within the scope of the position and within the experience of the employee as may be requested or required.