Located in Littleton, CO
This person will work every Saturday from 8AM - 6:30PM.
Provide evaluation, assessment and follow-up appointments for clients with mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses at the Acute Care Campus (ACC). Responsible for both direct psychopharmacological service to clients and consultation to clinical staff.
Goals and Objectives:
• Provide competent medical care to clients and complete associated documentation as required
• Ensure psychiatric services and follow-ups are completed within established timelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide psychiatric assessment/evaluation to clients within 24 hours of their admission onto the adult inpatient unit
• Provide consultation and coordination to clinical staff and nurses regarding the diagnosis, psychiatric problems, treatment and medications of clients on the unit or presenting in the walk-in center
• Provide daily follow-up medication appointments to evaluate and monitor medication effectiveness including any side effects or adverse reactions
• Attend daily clinical rounds and participate with inter-disciplinary treatment team to review medical necessity of clients on the inpatient unit; discuss treatment recommendations, discharge plan, legal status and daily discharges
• Write all orders for discharges, transfers, changes in legal status, and prescribed medications as indicated
• On-call hours are required on a rotating schedule with other campus medical providers
• Collaborate when necessary with partner medical facility doctors, BHOs, outpatient providers and insurance companies to provide appropriate continuity of care
• Complete all required paperwork accurately, legibly, and within established timeframes, and to accepted standards of practice
• Ensure the Diagnosis page is updated and consistent with the psychiatric evaluation for each client
• Understand and follow policies and procedures regarding the use of seclusion and restraint, mental health holds, medications, grievance information and client rights.
• Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
• Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Master’s Degree (MSN/MS)
• Licensed in the State of Colorado as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APN)
• Must have at least one year post-master’s direct clinical experience with adult psychiatric clients in a medical/behavioral health setting
• Must have experience working with psychiatric medications with both acute and chronically mentally ill clients
• Demonstrated interpersonal and clinical leadership skills
• Decision making ability, organizational skills and effective communication skills
• Medical expertise, ability to establish effective consulting relationships and function collaboratively in multiple systems
• Must be able to collaborate with professionals within the medical field, mental health providers and external agencies
AllHealth Network supports the mission of Psych Hub to provide free, engaging, best-in-class mental health education.
Please click on the link below for a list of recommended topics and videos: