Responsible for all facets of safety including policy creation, implementation and interpretation, reporting of information, OSHA compliance and safety of all workers and other responsibilities as needed. Coordinates a variety of Safety Programs and provides professional level work and assistance to such programs. Responsible for reporting KPI’s for Planet Passionate and assisting Plant attain goals.
- Develop and continuously improve safety program including team skill development and audit system.
- Ensure all new hire orientations are completed and regularly updated.
- Participate in conducting trainings.
- Submit articles/information for employee newsletter.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Log and complete annual report and post.
- Maintain EEOC log and coordinate with Human Resources Director for annual reporting.
- Prepare monthly safety committee meeting agenda and coordinate monthly meetings.
- Prepare and distribute monthly and/or special safety trainings to all departments.
- Maintain and keep current training documentation.
- Check in-house First-Aid inventory monthly for safety supplies.
- Routinely audit employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.
- Prepare and submit relevant data required for environmental reporting.
- Assist Plant in gaining ISO45000 accreditation.
- Assist Plant in meeting “Plant Passionate” goals.
- Assist Plant in work projects as assigned by Plant Manager
- Expectations of Management – Consistently exhibits a high standard of integrity and ethical behavior. Resolves conflicts in an open and direct manner. Communicates candidly and effectively. Selects the best employees for the organization and works with employees to help them succeed. Demonstrates and inspires a high level of commitment and performance. Leads continuous improvement efforts and positive change.
- Management Team Support – Outwardly supports management in all initiatives. Participates in management positively with an open mind and genuine and cooperative attitude. Supports and ensures that employees support other departments cooperatively.
- Employee Management – Successfully manages performance, behavior, and conduct of subordinates, including ongoing assessment, feedback, and coaching of performance criterion with successful results. Documents both issues and successes for a complete and well-rounded review. Ensures all policies, SOPs, and company practices are followed. Holds employees accountable to expectations.
- Team Building – Actively seeks and achieves group participation to improve work, sets priorities, is innovative, and solves problems.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or necessary.
- A bachelor's degree (B.A) from four-year college or university, or two to three years related work experience.
- Must be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook.
- Training will be provided for Health and Safety requirements.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, type, and verbally communicate fluently in English.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer and have intermediate proficiency in MS Office and email.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must obtain and maintain current certifications for CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise environments, chemicals used in the process, and extreme temperatures. The facility is an industrial manufacturing plant.
Benefits of Working With Us:
We offer a casual atmosphere and family oriented culture. Our benefits package is comprehensive including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, shopping discount program, employee assistance program, and more! We even buy lunch for our plant employees through our meal card vending program! Sound good to you? Come join our team!
Headquartered in Vacaville, California, All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP), has two state of the art continuous line manufacturing facilities including Vacaville, California and Little Rock, Arkansas. AWIP is an innovator in the design, construction, and advancement of insulated metal panels and is strategically positioned to meet the growing energy, environmental and economic challenges facing the North American building industry. AWIP provides its customers with a broad line of insulated wall and roof panels and a full range of complementary trims, accessories and engineering services.
AWIP is a drug free workplace.
All Weather Insulated Panels