Automation & Controls Engineer (Industrial Manufacturing)
- $100,000 to $135,000 Yearly
About the Position:
Lead automation activities for all manufacturing lines within the company and ensure that the Automation/Controls engineering activities meet the company's objectives. Manage the automation systems and help with control system design, specification and commissioning.
The role includes developing and improving new and existing equipment used in the manufacturing process. It will also include upgrading existing equipment where the control system has become obsolete.
- Must be a hands-on engineer to install new equipment throughout the plant.
- Project management of Automation projects ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within specification and within budget.
- Project management of external automation companies.
- The position will be responsible for control system design, specification, programming, testing and start up assistance.
- Implement code changes under change control.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to production, maintenance, and other engineering disciplines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver projects.
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration,.
- Responsible for day to day maintenance, new project implementation and system reliability for all plant automation systems.
- Responsible for support of automation data collection and reporting systems, network systems and automation system security.
- Responsible to stay abreast of new technologies to avoid equipment obsolescence.
- Develop new production efficiencies, design and install systems and equipment to achieve the efficiencies.
- Serve as a resource that removes barriers and helps maintenance and production excel in all aspects of process improvement and variation reduction.
Salary $100,000- $135,000 based on experience
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing/Controls Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with automated control systems within a high volume manufacturing operation.
- Must have extensive experience in PLC's, HMI's, and SCADA
- Control systems and related, including:
- Siemens: S5 & S7
- Allen-Bradley: Controllogix, RsView, Factory Talk SE/ME, Rockwell Historians, Rockwell Vantagepoint
- Servos, VFD's, and related
- Project management, process engineering, system specification, costing, commissioning, maintenance, commissioning schedules, tracking of costs and extras, supervision of contractors, spares management.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and other individuals.
- Ability to function effectively with moderate to high levels of stress in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment and appropriate clothing.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Effectively read, write, speak, and communicate in English fluently.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to walk, bend, climb, crouch, lean, reach, and other physical movements as required to effectively and efficiently perform duties.
- Work in conditions typical of a manufacturing environment, including noise, extreme temperatures and humidity, odors, dust, etc.
- Effectively use a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, as well as commonly used and specialty software to complete necessary functions.
- Finger dexterity, visual acuity, discernment of sounds, color, and texture.
- Must be able to use tools, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must have the physical and mental ability to drive a standard forklift successfully. AWIP will certify.
- Ability to travel by automobile, airplane, and other modes of economy class public transportation are required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise environments, chemicals used in the process, and extreme temperatures. The facility is an industrial manufacturing plant.
Benefits of Working with Us:We offer a professional but family-oriented culture. Our benefits package is comprehensive, including medical(80% of plan premiums covered) dental, and vision with no waiting period to enroll! 401k with up to 4% matching, life, and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, shopping discount program, employee assistance program, and Quarterly Bonus Program for all employees!
Headquartered in Vacaville, California, All Weather Insulated Panels (AWIP), has three state-of-the-art continuous-line manufacturing facilities including Vacaville, California, East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, and Little Rock, Arkansas. AWIP is an innovator in the design, construction, and advancement of insulated metal panels and is strategically positioned to meet the growing energy, environmental and economic challenges facing the North American building industry. AWIP provides its customers with a broad line of insulated wall and roof panels and a full range of complementary trims, accessories, and engineering services.
AWIP is a drug-free workplace.Employment Type: Full-Time
All Weather Insulated PanelsEast Stroudsburg, PA
ManufacturingView All All Weather Insulated Panels Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.