Does working in an anything BUT ordinary silkscreen Print Shop interest you? Are you the kind of person who works hard and takes pride in being detail-oriented? Are you up for the challenge of cross training in Packing and Shipping?
If you answered yes, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are searching for a Print Shop Racker for our client, a local Print Shop in Seattle. The ideal candidate would have hands on experience in a silkscreen print shop, be self-motivated to work in a fast-paced workflow and would multi-task at different jobs. Must be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail to support the Shop Printer with print quality, registration, color, and production speed. During this time of COVID-19, this position will primarily focus on racker responsibilities. Hours are Monday -Thursday, 24 -30 hours per week with 7am start.
Key Responsibilities of Print Shop Racker:
- Assist Shop Printer in production
- Work/communicate daily with all shop members in all aspects of the shop needs
- Take initiative to pick-up, clean-up, put inventory away, sweep, etc.
- Share responsibility of checking and maintaining the accuracy of shop inventory
- Regularly lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- ‘QA’ Quality Assurance: Screen prep > ensure quality of screen(s) before emulsion application, coat screen(s) with emulsion, exposure of screen(s), reclaiming screen(s)
- Communicate ‘QC’ Quality Control issues with Shop Printer
- Off load (rack) pieces; emphasis on QC and communicate issues to Printer
- Support Shop Printer & Shipping Department with accurately counting out job runs: main, variants, proofs, etc.
- Fill in as needed around the shop
Cross-Train - Key Responsibilities of Packing and Shipping Associate:
- Operate industrial paper cutter to cut down jobs to exact specifications
- Create and pack boxes and pallets for safe shipment
- Process and print-out packing slips for boxes/pallets
- Create/process domestic and international paperwork for shipping carriers (Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS)
- Track information and troubleshoot shipments
- Receive and stock shipments
- Check and maintain accuracy of inventory
What the Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Preferred 1-year hands-on print shop experience
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to use simple arithmetic
- Google Applications (Gmail, calendar, drive) is a plus
- Be a critical thinker by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems, ability to problem-solve with minimal supervision
- An active listener who gives full attention to task at hand, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Problem sensitivity with the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and communicate this with the Shop Printer
- Confident and accurate in operating all shop equipment: table saw, cutter and pressure washer
- Fast, efficient and detail-oriented
- Must be able to remain on feet for daily work shift and regularly lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Tolerant of a noisy working environment
- Follows instructions, takes responsibility for own actions and work independently or on a team
- Self-motivated and able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
This is an excellent opportunity for a Print Shop Racker who is self-motivated and likes to work in a fast-paced environment. Print shop/production experience preferred. Bi-weekly pay. $16.50 hourly PLUS Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
Our client has partnered with All Things HR, an external HR Consulting Company, to assist with their hiring process. If this position looks like a fit for you, submit your resume. If you don’t have a resume, please email us and we will send you an application to complete. We look forward to hearing from you!
All Things HR