- Totals purchases, packages purchases for transit, loads customer purchases in vehicles, accepts payment, makes change for customers, maintains store displays, labels merchandise with pricing and maintains order and cleanliness of work areas.
- Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
- Sets up advertising displays/arranges merchandise to promote sales.
- Stamps, marks, or tags price on merchandise.
- Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
- Orders merchandise for customer when it’s not in stock.
- Answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
- Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
- Accepts payment and makes change.
- Wraps, bags and boxes merchandise for customers.
- Delivers orders to customer vehicles and loads the vehicles.
- Performs safe drops of cash in register at throughout day and at end of shift.
- Thoroughly tidies and cleans all areas of the store and premises.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Experience: 1 year of Retail, Cashier, Sales, and Stocking
- Customer service
- Problem resolution
- Sales and marketing
- Oral communication
- Basic mathematical knowledge required
- Regularly required to stand and walk for long periods
- Regularly required to talk or listen
- Regularly required to use hands
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to lift weights up to 60 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision