All Seasons Placement Erie, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Controller is responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounting functions, integrating financial operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling tax matters, preparing financial reports, and ensuring organizational financial stability, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting principles and procedures
- Oversees the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversees the human resource department, including the design of an organizational structure for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Participation in budgeting processes
- Overseeing and preparing separate company and consolidated financial statements
- Preparing and analyzing financial data and reports
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Manage month-end and year-end closing processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit and for the preparation of tax returns
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Sound knowledge of accounting and tax fundamentals
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Compliance oriented
- Auditing experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience. 10+ years of proven experience in finance management. A CPA or CMA is preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. On occasion the employee must be able to lift or move packages weighing approximately 25 pounds or less.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to a generally clean office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually low.
Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
All Seasons Placement, Inc. is a company that is change-oriented and aggressive – a company that involves and cares for its employees and expects a very high level of commitment and quality from them.
We believe that everyone can be self-motivated and self-directed in the right environment. We want to create this environment for people by providing them with an appropriate understanding of the Company’s direction and priorities then developing and empowering them to make their own decision.
All Seasons PlacementWhy Work Here?
Exceptional Management, Benefits & Co-Workers - Be part of a team!
We have been in business, since June of 1987. We are Erie, Pennsylvania’s leading full-service employment firm. We provide placement in the following fields: Professional, Technical, Healthcare, Clerical, and Labor. These placements include temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire, or payrolling options. Some of the special services we provide include a resume service and safety program orientation. All Seasons Placement, Inc. is a company that is change-oriented and aggressive – a company that involves and cares for its employees and expects a very high level of commitment and quality from them. We believe that everyone can be self-motivated and self-directed in the right environment. We want to create this environment for people by providing them with an appropriate understanding of the Company’s direction and priorities then developing and empowering them to make their own decision.
Finance and Insurance