Vermeer All Roads is opening a new location in Avon, NY. We are searching for a customer focused professional who is ready to make an impact as a Heavy Equipment Service Manager. This role is responsible for overseeing the service department, controlling costs, creating customer relationships, and assist in setting and obtaining sales and profit objectives. Additionally, they will address the concerns of customers and ensure that all service work is performed efficiently and effectively. This opportunity offers a base salary plus commission and benefits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor the entire service department’s performance.
- Continually observe and mentor the Service Writers to enforce good habits, and to ensure "Exceptional Customer Service" at all times.
- Communicate and dispatch service work to technicians.
- Maintain and build customer relationships.
- Successfully work with and through both Service Writers and Technicians within the Service Department.
- All other duties as assigned.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous shop management experience
- Prior mechanic/technician experience is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude with ability to motivate employees
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 50 lbs and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Vermeer All Roads does not provide H1-B sponsorship.
Vermeer All Roads provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vermeer All Roads complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR