Reports to: Building Director
The building engineer at Commerce Tower is responsible for observing, documenting, and maintaining the mechanical systems that provide heating, air conditioning, and water to the building.
- Create and implement preventive maintenance schedule for mechanical systems
- Implement safety protocols and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Keep machine rooms clean, organized, and locked up
- Oversee inspections
- Provide guidance on heat pump repairs when needed
- Read building prints
- Report any major concerns with mechanical systems to management
- Respond to on-call requests
- Schedule inspections for backflows, boilers, chillers, elevators and escalators, fire extinguishers, fire panel, and fire sprinklers
- Service, maintain, and monitor all major building systems. This includes but is not limited to the following: air handlers, boilers, chillers, condensers, cooling towers, ejector pumps, fire panels, fire pumps, heat exchangers, heat loops, heat tracers, inverters, and water booster pumps
- Train team members how to disarm the fire panel and where to shut off water
- Use building management software (BMS) to adjust heating and cooling throughout the building
- Work with contractors specializing in BMS software, elevators and escalators, fire panels, fire sprinklers, mechanical systems, utilities (electric, gas, and steam), and water treatment
- Walk machine rooms and rooftops daily
- Write preventive maintenance programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of training team members
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with Johnson Controls building management system
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Must understand the concepts of mechanical system design
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Written and verbal communication skills
Provide guidance, support, and training to the Security Concierge Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, and Maintenance Technician as needed
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Some evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Education and Experience
- HVAC certification
- 10+ years of experience with industrial-grade mechanical equipment required
- Experience with high-rise buildings preferred
- College degree preferred but not required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
All-Pro Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.