Field Technician / Tower Climber
All Points Broadband Leesburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
Field technicians are the "boots on the ground" who install and maintain broadband Internet access for the company's expanding customer base. The company will provide tools and training necessary for every field technician to accomplish their duties. Upon completion of tower climbing safety certification, you will participate in tower site work activities including working at high elevation. You will work among a team of technicians reporting to the Operations Manager. Below are the duties and qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Preparing for installations by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers
- Planning installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan
- Establishing broadband Internet systems by installing equipment, running and pulling cable, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards
- Verifying broadband Internet systems for correct functionality and optimal performance by testing equipment and connections and identifying and correcting any issues with remote support from network administrator
- Maintaining accurate records through documenting installations, services and repairs
- Maintaining and improving service and rapport with customers through listening to their descriptions of problems, answering questions and resolving issues through diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing and/or upgrading components
- Following an initial training period and after completing the proper tower climbing certification course, you will participate in tower climbing activities on the ground level and at elevation
- Following an initial training period, you will participate in the company’s on-call rotation. This may require after-hours work and will be compensated in accordance with the company’s on-call compensation process
- Referring to schematics, manuals and manufacturer's instructions as needed
- Maintaining a safe work environment by following safe practices and adhering to safety policies
- Ensuring adequate supply levels by inventorying stock, placing and verifying orders
- Updating and improving job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Enhancing the organization's reputation through personal accountability for accomplishing new and different requests and always striving to add value
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the primary state of residence and be able to drive to and from multiple job sites per work day
- Must be able to speak clearly, concisely, and to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner
- Solid written communication skills required
- Must be able to work full time, and “on-call” as needed; which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
- Must be able to expect and embrace change
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and inventory software systems preferred
- Six months experience in telecommunications, electrical, construction, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, tablets, etc. preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- An essential duty of the position of Technician is to install satellite dishes with the use of a ladder on customers ‘homes. The ladders used by All Points Broadband hold a maximum total weight (including tool belt and equipment) of 325 lbs. To allow for the weight of equipment an individual's weight cannot exceed 275 lbs.
· As this is a full-time position, the new employee will be eligible for benefits available to existing employee of similar rank & tenure.
· The Field Technician will report to Operations Manager.
· Full-time employment is considered “at-will” and requires agreement to a proprietary information & inventions agreement and a nondisclosure agreement.
· Must provide professional references for the company to contact
· Must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including criminal background check, fitness for duty, and MVR check
All Points BroadbandWhy Work Here?
All Points is the region's leading ISP and wants qualified associates to join our growing team!
All Points Broadband is a telecommunications company formed to create and capture value through consolidation in the fixed wireless industry and exploitation of other opportunities related to deployment of broadband connectivity in underserved areas. We are a successful and rapidly growing business and were listed at #330 on the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fasting growing companies in the country. We are committed to delivering reliable broadband internet to everyone, regardless of where they live.