All Points Broadband is a wireless Internet service provider based in Leesburg, Virginia. We are a successful and rapidly growing business and were listed at #330 on the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fasting growing companies in the country. We are dedicated to improving broadband access in underserved communities and to providing local customer care and support. We are hiring a Customer Support Representative to join our growing and entrepreneurial team. This is your opportunity to join a successful and growing local business.
Under general supervision, in an in-bound call center environment, Customer Support Representatives will provide technical and network problem resolution to users (either customers or company field technicians) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Solutions include, but are not limited to, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, power cycling equipment, verifying billing information, and troubleshooting connectivity issues. Support to users will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
Customer Support Representatives will occasionally communicate with company field technicians during customer installations or service calls.
Compensation shall be determined by experience. This position will be full-time with eligibility for employer-provided benefits and bonus compensation.
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Interact with company’s field technician as remote technical support;
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving internet connectivity or email clients;
- Research required information using available resources; follow standard processes and procedures;
- Accurately process and record call transactions using designated tracking software;
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations;
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary;
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Proper phone etiquette; demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn relevant software computer applications and equipment;
- Knowledge of or ability to learn customer service principles and practices;
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective customer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time; position requires use of headset/microphone.