Specialty: OB-Surgical Tech
Locations: Miami, Florida
Duration: 13 weeks
Start Date: ASAP
- Prepares the surgical suite, including supplies and equipment for the surgical patient and assures environmental safety for the patient and personnel. Considers cost and efficiencies in the routine performance of duties.
- Demonstrates a surgical conscience by practicing aseptic technique at all times.
- Verifies sterilization date and package integrity.
- Assists with inspection for outdated supplies.
- Responsible for call coverage to provide necessary departmental staffing.
- Functions as instrument and core technician.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS, equivalent and BLS
- Min 1 yr. exp as a surgical scrub tech. in labor and delivery.
- Experience with handling all types of obstrectic and GYN cases from cesarean.
- Busy unit with high risk pregnancies.
- 14 Suites OR that covers all service lines from general.
- Tech involved in vaginal deliveries cesarean sections and D&Cs cerclage etc.