Position: Billing Manager - PreBill | Revenue Cycle Mgmt
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Duration: Permanent / Direct Hire / Full-Time
Job Information: The PreBill Manager is responsible to ensure all services are billed out accurately and timely. This position reports to the VP of Revenue Cycle Management for the day to day operation of the department, services and personnel. The overall responsibility of the PreBill Manger is to ensure the company is able to maximize revenue through accurately recording service level, payor and mileage with the billing system for all services provided while maintaining compliance with all internal standards and Federal, State, and Local laws, regulations, and guidelines. This position will work closely with local operations Document Quality Assurance (DQA) teams to ensure all patient care records are reviewed thoroughly for completeness and accuracy. In addition, the PreBill Manager is the lead liaison between the DQA departments and the Billing Department.
- Ensures that all billing staff demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of (and compliance with) Federal, State and local laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines as they pertain to reimbursement, collections, and compliance.
- Directs and supervises billing staff to ensure security of buildings and all other company property.
- Performs daily inspections of building and office for cleanliness. Directs and supervises billing staff to perform appropriate housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for recruiting, screening, hiring, orienting, evaluating, coaching, training and disciplining the assigned billing staff.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an effective schedule for the department.
- Responsible for tracking, monitoring and submitting payroll per company policy for the department.
- Receives and resolves any questions, concerns or issues regarding pay, benefits or other personnel issues pertaining to assigned billing personnel.
- Develop, implement and maintain PreBill process maps, SOPs (desk procedures), and training manuals.
- Directs and leads support staff in inventorying, ordering, receiving, stocking and issuing office equipment and supplies.
- Directs and leads outside vendors, as they pertain to billing matters.
- Ensures that assigned billing staff maintain appropriate training, certification and licensure for their position.
- Ensures that all billing staff maintain a high level of customer service when dealing with patients, patient families, co-workers, clients, other healthcare providers and the general public.
- Develop and maintain position descriptions for all positions within the assigned billing department.
- Maintains security and privacy of all company and patient information at all times in accordance HIPPA and all other local, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining billing and patient care records in accordance with proper HIPAA and document retention standards.
- Perform other duties related to management and administrative functions
- CAC certification in ambulance coding (or ability to obtain within 60 days): required
- Compliance Officer Certification: preferred
- Must have the ability to function as a leader evaluating, coaching, training and directing billing staff: required
- Extensive end user experience with Zoll or similar CAD / Billing systems: required
- Experience with MS Outlook, Word and Excel: required
For immediate consideration please create a profile and submit your resume through our applicant tracking system. Applications with attached resumes will be given first consideration. Visit us online at allmedical.com/allied-health to learn more about our company and to view additional openings in your area.
About Us: All Medical Personnel is a national leader in healthcare staffing and recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our team of seasoned recruiters are experienced in their ability to recruit, screen and place medical professionals for all types of healthcare settings.