Location: Fairfax, VA
Shift: Monday-Friday 8A-4P
- Serve patients by preparing specimens for laboratories testing and performing screening standards
- Ensure that specimen requirements are met at the time of collection and maintains specimen integrity while fully understanding all of the physician’s orders.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations, attend annual department trainings, answer telephone calls, and reads laboratory results to satisfy inquiries
- Phlebotomy certification
- 2 years of recent paid experience
- Current CPR card
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills covering phones and with patient interaction.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred