Position: Medical Technologist
Location: Newburgh, NY
Schedule: Varied shift (Full Time)
Experience is not essential. Three to six months training to be capable of normal productivity. Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Computer experience preferred.
$35.00 per hour (0-2 years exp)
$37.50 per hour (2-4 years exp)
$40.00 per hour (4-6 years exp)
Evening Differential - $1.85
Night Differential - $2.40
In addition, once you get your license and pass your exam and begin working as a medical technologist we offer a sign on bonus for joining our team. In addition to your salary/hourly rate, we offer a $8,000.00 sign on bonus, which you will receive $4,000 after you complete a three month probationary period and the remaining $4,000 after 6 months from your start date. However, If you voluntarily leave St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital within 12 months of your start as a Medical Technologist, you will be obligated to repay the entire amount of the bonus, and if you leave after 12 months but prior to 24 months, you will be obligated to repay 50% of the amount.
- Performs, evaluates, records and reports clinical laboratory tests used in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of patients on a variety of body fluids and biological specimens.
- B.S./B.A is required in Laboratory Science (or permitted by NYS Dept of Education as a Medical Technologist) with completion of 1 year training in an approved Medical Technology program or equivalent as per New York State Department of Health Standards and Laws.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Computer experience preferred.
- New York State License as a Medical Technologist required.
- ASCP preferred.