We are seeking a Nurse Practitioner To treat geriatric patients in assistive living and nursing home facilities to become a part of our team! Must have physical medicine, rehab or nursing home experience. You will focus on providing high quality patient care as part of a healthcare team. Clinic hours in the morning and nursing home rounds in the afternoon.
Location Frostburg Village, MD
Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities
- Provide primary and preventative care for residents in assigned facility
- Verify admission orders and conduct initial assessment of resident
- Conduct Physical exams, medication review, and depression screening
· Evaluate the healing process of wound care
· Perform treatment on patients who need tracheotomy and colostomy
- Collaborate with facility medical director, attending physicians and nursing staff to deliver the highest level of care to the patient
- Communicate with and counsel family members on treatment options material changes in status
- Track patient visit activity in EMR
- Comply with all HIPAA/HITECH regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license in the state of MD
- DEA License
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings such as rehab facilities, or assistive living
- A true team player
- Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with the geriatric or Medicare population
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Nursing experience in ICU / ER / SNF a plus
Perks And Benefits
· Competitive compensation of $110,000 to $120,000 annually
· Outstanding full loaded benefits package.
Hours Of Operation are:
This is a full time position.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Please click "APPLY NOW" for consideration!