RN - PCU * Flexible on Experience
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $45 Hourly
About Progressive Care Services (PCU)
Our progressive care units are for patients who require more medical attention than is available on a general unit, but less than what is required in the ICU. Our board-certified, multidisciplinary team of specialists offer compassionate care for our Medical, Cardiac and Surgical PCU patients.
Each unit offers specialized care for a range of conditions.
- 45-Bed Cardiac PCU*
- Nurse to patient ratios based on acuity (very fast pace) 4:1
- Patient turnover ranges from 1 3 days
- Types of patients on this unit require various drips and rhythm monitoring
- Part of LGMC Shared Governance councils
- A supportive environment focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Virginia or current multi-state compact RN license with eligibility to practice in VA is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
*Bed size of the unit is normally 20. Due to COVID, merged two different units merged together into one.
***NO NEW GRADS Candidates must have at least 6 months of critical care RN experience in a hospital setting.
Number of openings: 9
Reason for vacancies: Growth of unit, and growth opportunities for current staff members
Orientation Schedule: Three (3) days Monday Wednesday
Reporting structure: Charge Nurse, Clinical Coordinator, Unit Director
Type of culture/management style of director or on the floor: Family style atmosphere, unit leader truly cares about her staff. Several of her RNs have been promoted up to different ICUs throughout the facility.
***Unit leader is willing to consider candidates that dont necessarily have progressive care experience, but have hospital experience and are open/willing to learn it.***
Compensation Details (Salary, Sign-on, Relo Asst. Shift diff, benefits, etc.):
Min: $27.70/hr (1-2 yrs exp.)
Mid: $34.63/hr (10 yrs exp.)
Max: $41.55/hr (20+ yrs exp.)
Shift differentials: $4 nights, $3 weekends
Up to $10,000 sign on bonus based upon years of experience with 2 year commitment
IDEAL CANDIDATES: Go-getter, positive can-do attitude.
All Med Search
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?