Database Developer (ERP)
All Lines Technology has an immediate opening for a Database Developer in Pittsburgh! **Candidates MUST live in the city of Pittsburgh** This position is responsible for managing, maintaining, and improving the ERP software related databases and assisting users with ERP usage, report writing, training, and departmental business process improvements.
The Database Developer partners with cross functional teams to understand business needs, deliver data in useful models, and help ERP end users leverage BI capabilities in a new, data-focused way. This position is responsible for translating data into actionable insights and breakdown complex problems into tactical tasks. Additionally, this position will work closely with the ERP Software System Manager and multiple departments and schools to meet the needs of end users.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze existing databases and data needs of the company.
- Provide expertise in writing/editing queries that read, manipulate, and analyze data from business intelligence, relational databases, and data warehouses.
- Create custom scripts to support data clean-up efforts.
- Write queries that either modify a database or retrieve records.
- Implement and test database objects in non-production environments, support testing efforts from a database perspective/
- Design and manage SQL tables, writing/executing stored procedures, developing queries, writing, or modifying SQL Reports.
- Develop custom reports using the ERP software, SQL, or BI software.
- Design, build, and maintain extract-transformation-load (ETL) processes.
- Contribute to the development of standards and processes for integration projects and initiatives.
- Write optimized SQL queries for integration with other applications.
- Write and edit automated jobs that import and export data between systems.
- Collaborate with end users to understand and document their reporting needs; assist business teams in understanding and utilizing data.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain new reporting functionality and analytic applications across multiple business units using various business intelligence tools; develop reports using SSRS and PowerBI
- Learn and utilize programs to analyze data from different sources and produce meaningful reports and/or presentations.
- Pull information from tables, views, and indices and perform data analysis.
- Leverage BI capabilities to look at business problems in a data-focused way.
- Migrate data from existing applications and database environments .
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues; respond to support requests.
- Develop technical/functional documentation to comply with audit requirements.
- Support training development for all levels of the organization as required.
- Provide support to the ERP SA for system upgrades, implementing workflow, account management, or troubleshooting system issues.
- Develop and maintain repeatable, systemic processes while finding ways to make internal team processes more efficient.
- Serve as a backup to support district applications, to include the ERP System.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any database related ERP issues.
- Work closely with the DBAs to transition logical models to physical implementation of data structures.
- Manage, support, and execute the ongoing usage of the ERP System.
- Support and contribute to the improvement and refinement of the ERP systems, processes, and tools.
- Facilitate and compile the collection of data to track the progress of the ERP system implementation and usage.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the Director of End User Services regarding progress towards goals and challenges to meeting goals.
- Participate in departmental, team, and individual planning and goal-setting sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other appropriate disciplines or Associate degree in computer science related field, with 4+ years of experience developing/maintaining database objects or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired
- 5-7 years experience in creating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) writing complex stored procedures and functions, database design, development, administration,
- Experience with ERP data, MUNIS system, Power BI is preferred.
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency in SQL, database tools, and scripting languages (for example: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Microsoft Business Intelligence, SSAS Tabular, Excel Power Pivot and Power Query)
- Knowledge of database administration software, data models and architectures
- Knowledge of specific programming languages and codes, primarily SQL, advanced SQL skills preferred.
- Must have strong knowledge of Data Warehouse design concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases.
- An understanding of how to design and develop complex business reports is required.
- Experience developing ETL processes loading Data Warehouses/Data Marts required.
- Understands the development of ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) processes to acquire data from internal and external sources.
- Experience in understanding department workflows and how to implement them into the ERP system.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data
- Ability to cultivate relationships, work independently and collaboratively as a team player, under pressure with multiple competing deadlines, and with culturally, educationally, and racially diverse internal and external customers, a wide variety of other company personnel, including technical personnel from other disciplines, IT Management, business users, outside vendors, and consultants.
All Lines TechnologyOakland, PA
TechnologyView All All Lines Technology Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.