Under close supervision, responsible for indexing, and organizing claimant records electronically (e.g. military records, diagnostic test results, physician’s notes, etc.) using required technology. Uses technology to ensure work meets quality standard set by the department. Reviews contents of VA claims folder for the presence of required documents and escalates incomplete/incorrect records in accordance with policies and procedures. Reassembles and organizes VA claims folder according to established policies and procedures. **Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. **
IMPACT: Works to achieve day to day objectives consisting of tasks that are very routine, or well-defined, with specific instructions. Work is closely supervised.
COMPLEXITY: Resolves routine problems and issues with clearly prescribed solutions. Follows a well-established and familiar set of activities and/or processes to derive a solution.
COMMUNICATION: Communicates with peers to obtain or provide information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
LEADERSHIP & TALENT MANAGEMENT: KNOWLEDGE: Has moderate understanding of job requirements.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Read, examine, identify records, progress notes, other documentation could be relative to specific medical and/or psychological conditions listed by claimants
- Convert hard copy documents into an electronic PDF format which uploads into a centralized database
- Utilize Adobe Acrobat, Mircosoft Excel, and Microsoft Word software and high-speed production scanners for the purpose of transforming hard copy documents into an electronic format
- May potentially be identifying listed medical or psychological conditions, including all related conditions or triggers, and electronically index each according to their medical specialty
- Return all physical records as they are received, with careful attention paid to the integrity and condition of physical files
- Appropriately note the steps taken during file conversion within our system, and ensure accuracy by recording information pertinent to be scanned file in question
- Respond to queries from our clients regarding claim folders
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Shift A: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat – 7am – 3pm (32 hour workweek)
Shift B: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat – 3pm – 12am (32 hour workweek)
Shift C: Tues, Thurs, Sat. – 7am – 3pm (24 hour workweek)
Shift D: Tues, Thurs, Sat – 3pm -12am (24 hour workweek)
Shift E: Sat. 7am – 3pm (8 hour workweek)
Shift F: Sat. 3pm – 12am (8 hour workweek)