- Posted: 7 days ago
Recipient of the 2022 Best Places to Work Award by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, All In One Accounting is leading a radical small business and non-profit transformation by creating the most thorough and comprehensive set of services moving more small businesses from financial chaos to business clarity and beyond. Our services range from on-demand accounting projects to CFO advisory and fully outsourced bookkeeping services including accounting leadership. Our services and team flex as our clients move through our proven process.
Simply put, we help small businesses and nonprofits change the way they approach finance and accounting.
A bit about the role:
We’re seeking a fun and flexible Controller to join our team and help support our small business clients. This role is pivotal in supporting entrepreneurs and small business owners reach their business goals.
Day-to-day you’ll be working alongside an Accountant and CFO to collaborate and deliver accounting services to a wide range of small businesses.
Now about you...
We work primarily with smaller organizations that have big goals. Being adaptable to help meet their needs and goals is a large part of the role. Each client is unique and has different needs, so being able to jump into each client to advise and assist is key.
You’re bursting with initiative
You’re able to properly analyze financials and then take them and communicate them in a way a non-numbers person can understand. You don’t want to wait to be told by a client what they need, you’re able to see from their financials what areas they could improve or automate to reach their goals.
You’re curious and want to dig in
You want to know exactly what drives each business. You want to find processes and procedures that will cater fit each client you work with. You want to continue to learn more and provide things to your clients they didn’t even know they needed.
More about the role
Wearing multiple hats and saying "yes" to a variety of challenges are the table stakes. Your specific responsibilities include:
- Lead, plan, and guide both you clients and your internal client team - you must love teaching others in this role!
- Design and deliver exemplary service; this role is a thinker and a doer - you will be both hands-on troubleshooting as well as having the foresight to execute longer-term planning to help our clients get to business clarity
- Develop systems to account for financial transactions with your clients
- Define bookkeeping policies and procedures for clients based on their unique situations and your sophisticated knowledge
- Balance the general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Oversee accounts payable process, preparation of client invoices, and periodic review of accounts receivable to identify collection issues
- Oversee recording of cash receipts and bank deposits process
- Review monthly reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts prepared by the Accountant
- Prepare and/or review monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Make necessary month-end closing entries
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other schedules as agreed upon between you and your clients
- Lead a month-end closing meeting with AIOA team and client to present financials
- Maintain annual budget, calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues and opportunities to the client
- Ensure payroll entries are properly entered into the general ledger
- Be a proactive liaison with the client's tax CPA, banker, attorney, etc.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems that deliver the most efficient work product
- Review and implement proper internal controls to achieve a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Prepare cash flow forecasting and make recommendations when needed
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Experience in QuickBooks Desktop and Online preferred
Why -- the AIOA Benefits
All In One Accounting (often referred to as AIOA) is quite unique as all our positions are offered as either full or part-time work with a mix of client interaction and internal team comradery.
Our company has been built by a team who likes to have fun, respects each other, and works extremely hard to do right by each other and our clients. We work with many entrepreneurial companies who at times may be challenging, but the greatest compliment is that our work has literally changed their business and their lives.
The type of problem-solving our team faces daily must be met with curiosity, creativity, and grit. So, we seek like-minded people who also relish a good challenge. Every day everyone at All In One Accounting shows up with a synergetic spirit, ready to serve, and with an optimistic outlook.
Our explosion of growth in the marketplace has us hiring several roles and offering career progression. That, combined with our full and part-time options make this one of the most flexible places to work in the accounting and finance world.
All In One Accounting
AddressSaint Paul, MN
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?