Commercial Low Voltage Cable Technician
We are seeking a Low Voltage Cable Technician with 2 to 3-years’ experience (preferred) to become an integral part of our team! Key Responsibilities include the execution of low voltage infrastructure work orders and projects. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as: Word, Outlook, Excel (required).
Responsibilities & Skills
- Wireless installations and troubleshooting
- Physically install Category 5e, Category 6 cable and fiber.
- Install outlets, pulling cable, fire stopping and pre-termination including organizing, forming, dressing and labeling cables to industry standards.
- Terminate, assemble and install 8-pin modular connectors and coaxial connectors, and light crimp connectors.
- Accurately test copper and fiber (multimode and single mode) cables to required certification parameters utilizing appropriate test equipment as required.
- Diagnose and correct copper problems.
- Remove abandoned or replaced cables.
- Maintain and reference industry standards.
- Perform cable splices for copper cable.
- Contribute as a member of a project team, working to mitigate problems and working to be an equal team contributor at all times.
- Basic Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems (Preferred but not required).
- Terminate, assemble and install optical fiber ST and/or SC ceramic connectors & LC (Preferred but not required).
- Diagnose and correct basic optical fiber problems.
- Perform very basic site surveys under the guidance of the lead technician / project manager read and use blueprints and floor plan and conduct visual site inspections.
- Determine closet and equipment layouts and install closet hardware including backboards, connecting blocks, racks, patch panels and fiber enclosures, and balance video equipment.
- Previous experience in telecommunications (Preferred but not required) will train.
- Familiarity with telecommunications equipment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference given to candidates with BICSI certification.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude, and commitment to quality & excellence.
- Must have valid local driver’s license with good DMV.
- Must have reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to work a varying work schedule, occasional nights and weekends. A schedule flexibility is strictly required as occasional last-minute change in workdays and/or the addition of a workday outside of standard schedule will take place. Normal work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Proficient with sending and receiving emails, using Internet browsers and a basic knowledge of varying computer operating systems. Microsoft Office applications such as: Word, Outlook, Excel (required).
- Proficient at the use of basic hand tools, ladders, drills.