We are currently seeking an experienced Dispatcher/Routing Manager who will serve as the first
point of contact and communication in routing drivers to and from patient appointments. The
Dispatcher will be responsible for creating schedules, receiving requests, transmitting messages,
and tracking vehicles. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, remain calm and professional
during stressful situations and have excellent communication skills.
The ability to multi-task is essential and you must be willing and able to take appropriate action with
little supervision. The primary role for this position is to communicate well and ensuring the right
personnel have been contacted, all information necessary is shared in an accurate and timely
fashion and properly route drivers in the most efficient manner throughout the day.
Dispatcher/Routing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to receive and record information for clients.
- Decisiveness, willingness to address problems and make requests by communicating with the necessary parties or providing solutions.
- Efficiently route drivers throughout the day to transport clients to and from appointments.
- Solid multitasking skills and ability to prioritize calls according to urgency.
- Familiarity with necessary equipment, including radio, phone, and computer, to dispatch personnel to appropriate locations.
- Follow through to watch progress and assure timely assistance by monitoring the route and status of field units.
- Knowledgeable at all times, providing field units with vital information about orders, traffic, obstacles, and requirements.
- Basic data entry skills needed to use computer system to maintain logs and records of calls.
Dispatcher Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful work experience as dispatcher or other relevant position.
- Familiar with necessary technology and relevant methods.
- Typing skills.
- Solid working knowledge of procedures and guidelines to maintain compliance during emergency situations.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), other languages a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Intentional, active listener with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong character, sound judgement, a level head, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work under pressure.