This individual will be responsible for unloading trailers and shipping containers for warehouse storage. Responsibilities include accurately separating cases / boxes / product and placing them on pallets, carts or other designated locations for all inbound freight. Ensure that all products are free of damage and that SKU’s are visible for warehouse storage.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILTIES
- Able to work in a team environment; be a team player
- Read work order instructions to determine work assignments and materials and / or equipment needed.
- Ensure placement of product in sufficient quantities to accommodate routine and/or special demands.
- Record the proper number of units handled or moved using inventory lists and receiving instructions.
- Move freight on pallets or carts to designated locations using manual pallet jacks and other non-automated equipment from trailers or containers into warehouse.
- Break down containers of freight using box cutters and restack individual boxes if required by receiver instructions.
- Performs all tasks in compliance with All-American Lumping safety policy and OSHA requirements
- Perform other duties as required
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to read and understand entry level English and Math
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Must be able to recognize malfunctions in equipment and notify Team Leads and Supervisors
- Able to obtain certification on a pallet jack
EDUCATION (One of the following):
- High-School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- One (1) to three (3) months of related experience and / or training § Equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Moderately Heavy): The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and Bend for up to 12 hours
- Regularly lift and / or move 20lbs.
- Frequently lift and / or move 40lbs.
- Occasionally lift and / or move up to 80lbs.
- Crouch, Kneel, or Crawl as needed
- Handle exposer to both hot and cold environments
Must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes, as well as distances, with or without correction.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.