Commercial Project Executive- Construction
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
AMAZING culture and perks! VERY employee-centric company.
The Project Executive develops and implements a plan to deliver the required project and services in the most effective and efficient manner possible, with the support of the project teams and input from external stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing all company contact with new and existing clients. The Project Executive may oversee a single large project or multiple projects. This position is responsible for managing the design-build process from inception to completion. Which includes, subcontractor selection and management, negotiating contracts, reviewing estimates, bid lists, constructibility, profit/loss of assigned projects, and working with project management staff.
Functions of Position
- Achieves high level of quality, design, and profitability for assigned projects.
- Supervise team of Project Engineers / Project Managers and assures that all team responsibilities are carried out promptly and accurately.
- Assist Business Development/Marketing in the sales process for new and existing clients, including presentations and proposals.
- Enhance good relationships with clients, designers, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Work with Preconstruction to develop procurement strategies, including preparing bid documents, negotiating / awarding subcontracts.
- Lead project team in development of Project Execution Plan.
- Assist in overseeing cost control and change management systems.
- Oversee execution and updates of initial master schedule.
- Review monthly owner project status reports.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including progress, preconstruction, and pre-award.
- Coordinate development and maintenance of site logistics plan with Project Manager and Superintendent
- Assist in overseeing project close-out
- A degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or related fields a plus.
- LEED certification a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in construction scheduling, construction management processes, means and methods.
- Expert knowledge of building products, plan reading, construction details and relevant construction rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Competent in conflict and crisis management as may occur during a commercial construction project.
- Significant experience in, management, processes, policies, procedures and computer systems.
- Delegates appropriate type and amount of work to team members in order to leverage personal effectiveness and provide growth opportunities for team members
- Leadership skills and qualities to guide multiple project teams with direct responsibility of personnel
- Familiar with construction project management and scheduling software.
- Strong leadership and human resources skills.
Reports directly to the Vice President of Construction.
Annual review to be with the Vice President of Construction to review employee’s performance over the past year. Review will take place on or about June / July of each year. Subjects to be reviewed and discussed will include but not be limited to the past projects success and failures should there be any. Also, input from sub-contractors that have worked with the employee as well as other individuals within the company will be considered. Review of history of attitude, and track record of representing the company in a positive manner. Evidence of how you demonstrate company’s values.
All About People