- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed as an RN in the state of Texas.
- Two (2) years Home Health skilled nursing experience required.
- Ability to complete OASIS visits and documentation (Start of Care, Re-certification, Resumption of Care) using Kinnser Software
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Makes the initial assessment visit and OASIS documentation
- Regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing skills.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient’s visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel in changes in the conditions and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and the family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Process orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition.
- Complete certification/re-certification orders and discharge summaries.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/ her care.
- Participates in and presents in-service programs.
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends, and holidays, as assigned.
- Geared for growth
- Further education and training provided
- IRA plan for eligible employees
All About Home Care Inc
Why Work Here?
Awesome team, geared for growth, adding benefits!