Aliya Financial Technologies & Analytics (AFTA) Position Description
JOB TITLE: Senior DevOps Engineer
FUNCTIONAL DEPARTMENT: Technology Group (IT)
REPORTS TO: CTO
A rare opportunity for a Senior DevOps to join a growing machine learning and big data analytics organization has become available in the Greater NY Area. This is an excellent opportunity to work on exciting projects that are vital to the company's expansion.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will work with engineering leadership to design, develop and maintain software required to meet Aliya's business objectives. You'll work across a broad spectrum of systems from micro-services to distributed data analytics and cluster computing as is required to fulfill business requirements.
The culture is technology-drive, high-energy and entrepreneurial. We have an open office environment that encourages interaction, communication, and collaboration.
What you will do
This individual will be responsible for developing next-generation architecture and managing the server environment that runs our cloud platform. This role will provide an opportunity to make substantial contributions into the design and implementation of our platform's infrastructure and improve its capacity and scalability. Additionally, the engineer will work closely with the application teams to optimize integration between our software and infrastructure. The role requires a mix of systems engineering and software development.
This is an ideal career opportunity for an operations engineer, who is keen on learning new technologies, working in an autonomous environment, whilst applying their wealth of experience.
The successful candidate will have a passion to explore technology solutions combined with operational support experience and the following:
• Demonstrable experience in an Operations or System Engineering role.
• Experience of using AWS Cloud
• Sound understanding of ElasticStack (ElasticSearch, Kibana, Watcher, and Logstash)
• Very good knowledge of Docker and related technologies (experience with Swarm/Kubernetes/Kafka advantageous)
• Experience or understanding of managing a Linux environment including administration and configuration.
• Experience with Hadoop, Spark or Kafka
• Experience of using Automations tools such as Terraform
• Proven experience of scripting in Python, Bash, or Perl
• Exposure to continuous integration and build tools
• Understanding of Micro-Services Architecture
• Expert experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet; CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, etc.
• Strong experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, NewRelic, AppDynamics, as well as Log Analysis and Monitoring tools such as Splunk, CloudWatch, Dynatrace, Nagios, SysDig, etc.
• Experience in network security (DNS, VPN/VPC, IDS/IPS, Subnets/Security Groups/Network ACLs)
• Very good communication, problem solving
• Provisioning via AWS CloudFormation
• AWS Certified Solution Associate
• Minimum travel expected
• Local, or willing to relocate to Greater NY area
Full-time employee benefits
• Medical: United HealthCare Standard with no annual deductible (100% employer paid) for individual employee and family
• Dental: MetLife Enhanced (100% employer paid)—annual deductible of $50 (individual) & $150 (family)
• 401(K): 3% employer match
• Group Term Life Insurance (up to 2x annual salary)
• Short Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability
• Vision: VSP UHC Standard
• ADP Commuter benefits (pre-tax contribution)
• United Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• MetLife Critical Illness coverage
• Hyatt (MetLife) Legal Plan coverage