Are you looking for a future that exceeds your expectations? AlixPartners, a leading global consulting firm, is searching for a Director who is passionate about delivering high value, complex opportunities. We are seeking professionals who have the combination of capability, drive, training and intellectual curiosity that typically predicts success at AlixPartners. Our advisory/consulting organization is distinctive - we offer our consulting professionals the opportunity to work on situations that are literally on the front page of the Wall Street Journal, as well as at the top of Board Room agendas. We work for owners, boards and CEOs and they hire AlixPartners to assist on solving their most complex, highest value opportunities.
Our practice works with healthy, under-performing and distressed companies across a variety of urgent, high impact situations. Our seasoned professionals are recognized experts in their respective fields, using their skills and experience to build measurable, better outcomes for our clients. In this challenging role, you will be responsible for leading projects and client engagements, analyzing corporate performance, driving cost reductions, revenue growth and profitability improvement in your industry or functional area(s) of expertise in 'high stakes' situations. In this leadership role, you will work with others and be instrumental in developing and building a business in your area(s) of expertise. To be successful, you are commercially savvy, with a passion for and track record of business development contributions in a professional services environment. As part of our collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to achieve exceptional results in our high energy environment, with continuous opportunities to pursue your professional development, career interests and growth aspirations.WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 15+ years of business experience or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related consulting experience in a professional services Firm environment preferred.
- Recognized for deep skills and passion as a specialist in specific industries/service(s) area(s) (e.g., any combination of industry or service areas such as; supply chain, profitability, logistics, procurement, revenue growth, retail, manufacturing, consumer, process industries, aerospace, high tech, business services, restaurant, automotive, etc.)
- Consistent track record of successfully structuring and leading client engagements to desired results, delivering hard dollar savings meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- High energy style, flexible and adaptive, with the ability to work well in a very fast paced environment.
- Understands and adapts to complex client environments and situations. Skilled at defining, communicating, motivating and inspiring change at executive levels and across the broader community of stakeholders.
- Master negotiator, proficient with complex/sophisticated negotiations
- Views problems from the 'big picture POV', recognizing critical areas to drive into more detail. Quickly structures approaches to solve complex problems. Balanced and flexible, anticipates and changes direction as necessary.
- Synthesizes information rapidly and applies good business discernment driving quickly to deep insights into possible impacts and solutions.
- Creative with the development of new tools, methodologies and approaches.
- Effectively plans for and actively mitigates risks on projects and workstreams.
- Experience with proposal development, strong commercial instincts and interest. In addition to self, generates growing demand for other firm resources in prospective and existing clients. Demonstrated ability to consistently extend work for him/herself and others team members on client projects. Identifies and cultivates new opportunities.
- Expert written communication skills, self-directed with preparation of client ready document and presentation development.
- Articulate, persuasive, communicator. Commands the room, handles executive and difficult audiences well. Readily adapts style and message appropriately to audience and circumstance. Excellent at impromptu communication under pressure.
- Extraordinary customer service and interpersonal skills. Engenders client confidence and trust with executives at all levels. Builds counseling relationships with clients and peers.
- Analytical, adept at quickly defining, aligning and scaling data modeling & management approach with the client needs. Ensures 80/20 approach to rapidly draw conclusions. Skilled and quickly identifying anomalies, inconsistencies, errors and conclusions.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel applications.
- Openness for up to 100% travel M-F.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or foreign equivalent. Master's degree and/or certification in related specialty area(s) preferred
This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
In addition to a positive workplace, the firm offers a competitive compensation package including an excellent benefit program (health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, (age), status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.