The Assistant Director position supports our mission of bringing the best and most trusted in early childhood education and child care services to families we serve. We are seeking an individual who is a passionate leader, organized, a problem solver, and possesses great communication skills. This individual is responsible for all school operations and assumes all Director responsibilities and duties in the absence of the Director.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications: Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development or Elementary Education (or related fields).
- DCF Director Credentials
- Required Experience: Experience in working in a childcare facility or school preferred - a minimum of 2 years of administrative experience and a minimum of 2 years full-time teaching experience at the Preschool and/or Elementary levels and government assistance programs such as food program and early learning coalition
- Florida Department of Children and Families Policies
- Early Learning Coalition
- Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program (VPK)
- Head Start
- Dept. Education Scholarship Programs
- Registering new students
Duties & Responsibilities:
Service Provider Management
- Proficient in working with Government Assistance Programs such as: Voluntary Pre-K, Florida Food Program, Early Learning Coalition, Step-Up, Head-Start
- Manages contracts and relationship with providers: Florida Department of Education, Food & Nutrition, Tech Support, Facilities/ Custodial, Print Services, After School
- Maintenance of all accounting, account receivable & tuition payments through accurate recording keeping
- Perform accounting clerical work such as: ensure tuition rates are accurate on Pro-Care, prepare invoices and receipts, create bi-weekly financial reports that includes current balance per student; receive payments from parents and reconcile the bank register at the end of every day.
- Provide administrative support for the office such as managing the phone system and assisting parents sign in via the Child Care Management Software by Pro Care.
- Welcome new families and children to Fulford Christian Academy and provide school information and tours.
- Plan, coordinate, and attend staff meetings, special events, and field trips
- School Culture & Misc. *
- Keeps the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children
- Ensures office space is organized bright, clean, welcoming and well-maintained
- In support of the collaborative team environment, share the responsibility of providing assistance on campus assisting teachers, monitoring students in classrooms and extracurricular activities on an as needed basis.
- Possess a high level of integrity in all interactions with families, students and team members by showing regard for both the stated expectations of the policy as well as its intent.
- Understands and assists staff members with developmentally appropriate practice in Early Childhood Education
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage interruptions while delivering in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, in particular, proficiency in MS Excel; financial information system experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team and with other departments
- Proven customer service in a professional environment
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, patient and solutions-oriented.
- Minimum of two years working with tuition based software such as Pro-Care.
- Interpersonal Skills: Communicate hospitably and welcome parents, students, stakeholders and guests; convey a sense of excitement and positive energy about our school community- teachers, students and parents.
- Management Skills: Manage your time; organize the workload; identify problems and help craft solutions to help maintain effective academy records.
- Professional Attitude: Dress and conduct yourself as a professional; master the job and work independently; be punctual; keep the office uncluttered and professional in appearance; engender confidence in your work.
- Confidentiality: Information about who visits the staff and for what reasons; information gathered from school records; staff communications; anything else of a sensitive nature must be kept confidential.
- Desire to excel: Strong desire to enhance our shared ministry through the ministry of administration; willingness to seek out and engage in appropriate training opportunities; production of work that inspires pride; consistent standard of pursuing excellence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
Interviews will be held on either on phone or on zoom.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- DCF Director Credential (Required)
- One location