Aliron International San Antonio, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Aliron International, Inc. provides state-of-the-art professional health, cybersecurity, information technology, acquisition and logistics support, data analysis and management, linguistics/OSINT analysis, and managed services to the US Government at home and abroad.
Founded in 1989 in Washington, DC. Aliron started as an idea designed to save the U.S. government money in providing medical services to military and other personnel. Since then, Aliron has grown into a dynamic company that has over the years employed nearly 500 people in 19 time zones for numerous defense agencies across sixteen states in the continental United States as well as projects in Germany, Italy, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Guam, Panama, Alaska, and Hawaii.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform a full range of podiatrist services in accordance with training and privileges.
- Treat bone, muscle, and joint disorders affecting the feet.
- Provide comprehensive joint and gait analysis as related to foot and ankle.
- Order x-rays of foot and ankle.
- Order and interpret appropriate laboratory studies in the practice of podiatric medicine and surgery.
- Provides comprehensive medical and surgical management of disorders of the foot and ankle. This includes examination, diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment, prevention, and care of conditions/functions of the foot, ankle, and related structures.
- Examines, diagnoses, and treats diseases and injuries of the foot by operative and non-operative means. Interprets test results and evaluates examination findings.
- Determines procedures for preoperative and postoperative care and prescribes orthotics.
- Performs surgical procedures and coordinates care with civilian anesthesia providers and hospitals.
- Reduces and immobilizes fractures by open or closed methods, using such corrective devices as braces, casts, splints, and surgical implants.
- Administers and prescribes antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, pain, and other medications.
- Directs nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care and operating room techniques.
- Advises on kind and quantity of podiatric supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates podiatric services with other medical activities.
- Serves as consultant to MTF staff on podiatric conditions.
- Completes appropriate military specific documentation such as (but not limited to) narrative medical summaries, convalescent leave and duty limiting conditions (medical profile) paperwork.
Education Qualification & Skills:
- Degree/Education: Graduate from a school of podiatric medicine accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME) under the authority of American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA).
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS) or the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM).
- Experience: Completion of a minimum 24-month podiatric surgical residency required. Completion of 24 months of podiatric surgical residency training preferred. Completion of 12 months podiatric surgical residency training, plus a 12-month podiatric orthopedic/primary podiatric medical residency, will be considered on a case by case basis
- Board Certification: Board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery (ABPS) or the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM).
- Licensure /Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a podiatrist. Must be knowledgeable of computer operations in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
Why Aliron International
Aliron offers competitive wages for all its positions as well as a generous benefits package:
- Sponsored medical, vision, and dental plan options through United Healthcare, the largest and most widely accepted provider in the United States (eligible from first day of work).
- A robust 401(k) plan with company matches (eligible 90 days after hire).
Most importantly, you can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Following the presentation of a job offer, all candidates must undergo a credentialing process. The government has identified strict procedures and standards to credential and verify the work experience, licenses, and education of all candidates.
Due to this strict process, candidates who do not meet the above listed qualifications are encouraged to look at other opportunities at Aliron. Those who have criminal records (minor charges) are still encouraged to apply, but encouraged to disclose this so our recruiting team can verify your eligibility to work on the relevant contract.
Aliron International is an equal opportunity employer. Aliron is a woman-owned company and its day-to-day operations are run by a veteran. We are proud of our diverse staff, and encourage all qualified job seekers to apply for opportunities with Aliron.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Antonio, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at Aliron International