Includes: Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Medical Social Worker
• Degree: Master's degree in Social Work (MSW).
• Education: Graduate from a School of Social Work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
• Experience: As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN.
• Coordinate appropriate referrals to community and other Government agencies for services.
• Independently assess the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and their family members and formulate and implement a treatment plan, identifying the patient’s problems, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed, in collaboration with the patient, family and interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Independently conduct psychosocial assessments and provide psychosocial treatment to a wide variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, ethnic, educational and other diverse backgrounds.
• Use medical and mental health diagnoses, disabilities and treatment procedures. This includes acute, chronic and traumatic illnesses/injuries, common medications and their effects/side effects, and medical terminology.
• Implement treatment modalities in working with individuals, families and groups who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems to achieve treatment goals.
• Independently provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples, and families. Must practice within the bounds of the license or certification.
• Provide consultation services to other staff about the psychosocial needs of patients and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and compliance with treatment.
• Participate in professional peer review case conferences, research studies, or other organizations required at the MTF.