Clinical Sales Specialist - MD/DC (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Alimera Sciences, our passion lies in helping Retina Specialists to better treat their patients through the development and commercialization of prescription ophthalmic pharmaceuticals. We approach our customers with respect and a healthy dose of challenge to help them see alternative ways of managing their patients. Employees are challenged to find creative ways to work hard, achieve results and still have fun.
A career at Alimera Sciences is more than just a job. Our desire to succeed as a company is matched only by our commitment to each other. We treat all employees with respect, loyalty, and offer an opportunity to accomplish individual goals, corporate goals and make a difference in our community at large.
The Clinical Account Specialist develops business relationships with Retina practices (including Retina Specialists, Nurses, Technicians, Office Managers and Practice Administrators) in an effort to drive the awareness and sale of our product across the target hospitals/clinics and amongst the Ophthalmologist/Retinal Specialist in their assigned territory. They will facilitate and develop relationships with the medical/scientific community including KOLs, physicians and medical centers, by communicating scientific and medical on-label information and promotional messages to all relevant staff and institutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, prioritizes, and maps key target sites for sales opportunities; responsible for developing and implementing a coordinated promotional plan to drive sales with targeted sites, ophthalmologists, and other key healthcare personnel
- Effectively utilizes Alimera Sciences sales and data resources to maximize territory productivity
- Develops realistic yet robust territory business plans
- Monitors operating costs and compliance within territory budget
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Alimera Sciences activities
- Business travel by air or car is regularly required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 + years selling pharmaceutical or medical device products
- Experience selling in a buy/bill Medicare part B medical benefit environment
- Capacity to execute company commercial plan with assigned targets
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly explain complex clinical data.
- Excellent account management skills: ability to accurately diagnose reimbursement and patient access issues and then utilize functional team partners (Managed Care Account Manager, Reimbursement Specialist, Case Manager etc.) to solve access issues.
- Solid administrative skills to provide reports, input into Veeva call reporting system and ad hoc requests
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to drive a automobile and must possess a valid and current driver’s license
- Computer and software skills
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile
- Must be based in assigned geography with the ability to travel up to 50% including overnights
Alimera Sciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer EEO/AA and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. M/F/V/D
Alimera Sciences Inc
Get fresh Remote Sales Support Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.