Critical Facilities Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $80,000 to $100,000 Yearly
JOB TITLE: Critical Facilities Technician - Ashburn, VA
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager - IAD01
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Facility Manager, this position requires extensive hands-on analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility operations within Aligned Data Center. Work includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical mechanical and/or electrical machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to):
- Maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical and non-critical equipment
- Mechanical areas to include operation and maintenance of multiple components within the HVAC system, plumbing installation/maintenance, generator operations, fire detection and suppression, life safety, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
- Electrical responsibilities include plan, implement, coordinate and supervision of all electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. Ensure conformance with all Change control development, approvals and execution.
- Scheduling, development and quality assurance for all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, general maintenance.
- Routinely performs all work in strict accordance with governing MOP/SOP/ERP procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversees work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment. Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure. Consult with Facility Manager or Lead CFT to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Monitors building operations and tours properties periodically during scheduled shift.
- Receives work order for Preventative and Corrective maintenance on electrical systems and building physical structure. Consult with supervisors and staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of all electrical systems.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of employees and contractors.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, develop and communicate and improve ADC’s processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- High school diploma and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in electrical or mechanical critical facilities support; or 7+ years’ experience as HVAC or mechanical/electrical technician
- Electrical/Mechanical certifications preferred
- Able to work overtime and longer shifts (12 hour)
- Computer skills required: MS Office
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned Energy is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Aligned Energy Holdings, LLC - TotalSource
Real EstateView all jobs at Aligned Energy Holdings, LLC - TotalSource