Lead Critical Facility Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Does the thought of joining one of the fastest-growing, privately held data center companies sound exciting to you? Do you enjoy collaborating with team members to drive and operate some of the industry’s leading and most innovative infrastructure solutions?
At Aligned, not only do we celebrate success across our platform, we celebrate the very teams that drive and support that success! Our culture is founded in passion, engineered from innovation, and driven by the pursuit of operational excellence. We are a company dedicated to driving positive change in the industry through continuous data center innovation, diversity and inclusion, and corporate sustainability.
We realize not only is providing a comprehensive benefits package important, but we also provide a generous 401k match with immediate vesting, free membership to Gympass which provides our employees a rich health and wellness benefit and competitive time off plan. Giving back and having fun is important to our team whether it be serving our communities or employee and customer events. Our Aligned DNA is what makes us unique and successful!
As part of our exciting growth, we are currently searching for a Critical Facilities Technician.
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, this position requires extensive hands-on analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting of facility operations within Aligned Data Center. Work includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical mechanical and/or electrical machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not limited to):
- Maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on critical and non-critical equipment
- Mechanical areas to include operation and maintenance of multiple components within the HVAC system, plumbing installation/maintenance, generator operations, fire detection and suppression, life safety, temperature control systems, building management systems, and digital systems (including fire alarm, duress, card access, CCTV).
- Electrical responsibilities include plan, implement, coordinate and supervision of all electrical operations, maintenance, and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment. Ensure conformance with all Change control development, approvals and execution.
- Scheduling, development and quality assurance for all preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance, general maintenance.
- Routinely performs all work in strict accordance with governing MOP/SOP/ERP procedures, and maintenance work instructions.
- Operates and monitors critical and non-critical system equipment and components. Oversees work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of critical equipment. Disables and enables fire alarm control panels and systems.
- Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on critical systems and building physical structure. Consult with Facility Manager or Lead CFT to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
- Monitors building operations and tours properties periodically during scheduled shift.
- Receives work order for Preventative and Corrective maintenance on electrical systems and building physical structure. Consult with supervisors and staff as appropriate to identify and order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation.
- Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of all electrical systems.
- Evaluate, assign and monitor the safe work responsibilities and safety procedures capabilities of employees and contractors.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, develop and communicate and improve ADC’s processes to ensure continuous improvement and innovation.
- High school diploma and minimum 3-5 years’ experience in electrical or mechanical critical facilities support; or 7+ years’ experience as HVAC or mechanical/electrical technician
- Electrical/Mechanical certifications preferred
- Able to work overtime and longer shifts (12 hour)
- Shifts may require work day/night/weekend/holiday
- Computer skills required: MS Office
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aligned Data Centers is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
Aligned Data Centers
AddressMelrose Park, IL
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Aligned Data Centers
Get fresh Google Data Center Facilities Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!