General Description of Opportunity:
Align Builders is growing! We have a strong need for Senior Project Engineers who possess solid values, can deliver clear communication, offers consistently strong work ethic, and has the ability to build lasting relationships. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a progressive and growing company.
Competencies / Characteristics Required:
- Strong team player with a reputation of hard work ethic
- Can read and interpret plans, specifications, and code
- Communicates productively and clearly
- Organizes daily/weekly tasks
- Disciplined in managing and executing multiple tasks and assignments
- Ability to travel within the San Diego/Orange County region
- Understands and recognizes quality
- Aptitude and passion to learn, listen, and grow
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude under pressure
- Clearly understand and embraces working TOGETHER as a team
Essential Functions and Abilities Required:
- Ability to oversee multiple complex projects or engage in a single large project.
- Coordinates with project architects, designers, owners, subcontractors and field personnel.
- Responsible for managing Project Controls.
- Manages subcontractor coordination while monitoring budgets, cost, billings, etc.
- Responsible for directly communicating to the client with current project status and critical issues
- Provide support and information to the Project Superintendent to insure work complies with project design, code, and specifications.
- Manages, generates, and executes subcontracts and subcontract change orders.
- Maintains up-to-date project logs including Monthly Status Reports and Project Controls.
- Maintains our on-line management system (Procore Project Management) for their respective projects.
- Assist in managing project production and scheduling including CPM updates, Pull Plans, etc. with Project Superintendent and Project Executive.
- Assist in mentoring Project Engineers/Interns
Education / Experience / Requirements:
- Graduate of a four year degree program. Preference in construction or engineering management.
- Minimum of 5yrs industry experience having successfully delivered projects of at least $1M in value.
- Preference that current residence is in San Diego / Orange County for mobility to projects.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project), Bluebeam, and Primavera scheduling software.
- Strong understanding of project fundamentals (Project Controls, Risk Management, Safety, Change Management, etc.)
- Clear and competent oral and written skills.
- Understanding of Lean principals.