The Bookkeeper provides support to the CEO and is responsible for accounting and bookkeeping functions that are critical to the financial well-being of our company. This staff member will be an important member of the the Alice Travel team and will be responsible for task execution as well as contributing to the overall efficient functioning of the financial / accounting department.
In addition to being an effective team player, the Bookkeeper must also be able to work independently. The position will involve handling confidential, personal and sensitive material. Absolute trustworthiness, confidentiality and discretion are critical job requirements.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the following tasks and processes. With proficiency and outstanding performance, the position and its responsibilities will grow.
· Accounts Payable - Making supplier payments an operating expenses via check, ACH, wire.
· Accounts Receivable - Responsible for collecting commissions and maintaining current reports of account status and rolling collections
· General Ledger – Create and maintain GL Journals for monthly and quarterly reports
· Airline Report Corporation interfacing and weekly report submission
· Processing Bank deposits through check scanner and occasional visits to the Bank
· Process credit cards transactions
· Work closely with our Groups Department to maintain client information and ledger sheets for each Group event
· Recognize and recommend processes, improvements and new opportunities for the company
· Perform other tasks as may be reasonably assigned by Company
· Process payroll with ADP run
· Assist Travel Consultants with invoicing
· Travel Consultants monthly commissions statements
· Candidate must be proficient with accounting transactions with a firm understanding of income statements, balance sheets and cash flow
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Highly organized; ability to coordinate multiple, deadline-driven tasks
· Ability to use feedback from multiple team members to hone and improve performance
· Able to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment
· Brings a positive attitude and willingness to help team members and clients
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A person of utmost honesty, integrity and discretion
· Accept, support and strive for our Core Values
Travel agency or industry experience is a major plus, including knowledge of travel agency software - Trams, Client Base and Sabre though will train and consider intelligent go-getter who understands the importance and opportunity to join a thriving travel adviser business. Compensation commensurate with experience and opportunity to be key member of team.