Account Manager (Payroll Specialist)
- Posted: March 16, 2023
- $60,000 to $75,000 Yearly
Welcome to Aliat! We care deeply about our culture, clients, and what we do on a daily basis. Our motto is "Do what you love, we'll do the rest" because while we might be passionate about payroll, HR, and benefits - we know not everyone is! If you are passionate about helping small-to-mid sized businesses getting back to what they love, we'd love for you to consider joining our team.
As an Account Manager, it will be your responsibility to accurately and timely complete payrolls for client companies, with guidance from the Chief Relations Officer. This position is client-facing and precision is a must. Over time, you will be the sole Account Manager for numerous clients and will be relied upon to know the ins and outs of those clients and their needs. Most of our clients have been with us for years, so these relationships are built for longevity.
While this position is a hybrid of in-office and remote, we are currently looking for candidates in the Portland Metro area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain professional and productive relationship with clients
- Monitor email inboxes for any payroll-specific inquiries and responding accordingly
- Process payrolls in PrismHR with accuracy on behalf of client companies, including:
- Payroll corrections and voids
- Certified payrolls
- Benefit adjustments
- Final checks
- Off-cycle payrolls
- ACH payrolls
- Generate payroll reports
- Process incoming garnishments, unemployment claims, or any other client-employee related mail
- Print checks and garnishment responses in-office
- File new I-9s for clients
- Provide TimeClock Plus support for clients
- Client and employee trainings and meetings
- Up to date knowledge of federal and state payroll law and wage requirements
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Active Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certificate
- At least 3 years of payroll processing experience
- Experience in customer service
- Experience using PrismHR is a plus, but not required
- Multi-tasking ability
- Self-management (previous experience working from home is a plus)
- Familiarity with Adobe PDF and Microsoft Office products
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. An employee in this position must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to be able to type quickly and for long periods of time, noise levels are moderate, and may be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?