Now hiring for a Sales & Events Manager, for two Irish bars, in Redwood City & Mountain View.
We are looking for a candidate that will fit in well with our concept and culture. Great food, casual atmosphere, sports and beer! Our Ideal candidate would have relevant experience in Hotels or a Bar/Restaurant setting. You should be a highly-motivated, sales-driven professional with 3-5+ years of recent event & sales in a restaurant, high end club or hotel setting.
Strong knowledge of the local market, an existing contact list and a proven track record of driving measurable sales growth is essential. You will actively source new sales revenues and increase the average guest spend. The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve targets, whilst offering a very high level of Customer Service.
In this position you will be responsible for growing sales through relationship building, networking, sophisticated selling techniques, aggressive outbound sales efforts, organization and persistence.
This role is also a hands on position and while the main focus will be on business growth, the successful candidate will be required to cover some manager shifts when the need arises.
Duties will include but not limited to:
Sales and Business Development
· Work closely with the Senior Management Team to develop and implement sales building programs to drive traffic to the business.
· Develop private event sales by generating leads, identifying potential markets and converting these into profitable bookings.
· Manage all areas of private events from initial inquiry through to the successful execution of each event. This will require the candidate to be on-site for most events.
· Manage the administration of all party inquiries and bookings and maintain accurate and detailed database information on clients.
· Visit and court potential clients to increase awareness and exposure.
· Target local businesses, capitalizing on ways to attract and sell to each.
· Work with current management team on PR, sales & marketing initiatives.
· Develops and implements marketing strategies to effectively reach customers.
· Coordinate production and distribution of event posters, flyers and marketing materials.
· Conducts industry research to understand what is out there and what can be done to differentiate ourselves while responding to environment/customers’ needs.
· Stays current on new trends, understand current trends & competitor initiatives.
· Develop a content calendar for all social media accounts; this will include content creation, implementation and review while managing the day to day activity on these accounts.
· Create in-pub marketing programs with the management team and ensure successful execution of these programs.
· Develop and manage content for the website and update with new content regularly.
You must be dependable, self-sufficient and PASSIONATE about business growth & development. It is crucial you possess strong leadership and organizational skills with an enthusiastic team-oriented attitude.
- 2 - 5 Years of previous management experience in a comparable environment.
- Stable work history
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
To apply please send resume via indeed and if we feel you would be a suitable candidate we will be in touch to set up an interview.