Marketing Specialist for Advancement
- Posted: February 26, 2023
Alfred University seeks a dynamic individual to join our marketing and communications team as the Marketing Specialist for Advancement. This position will play a key collaborative role in advancing the university name and brand, and a significant role in growing Alfred University Advancement (fundraising and donor stewardship). The position will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic communications plan and annual marketing campaigns that articulate a compelling Alfred University message to philanthropic partners of the University. The individual will interface directly with the Advancement Office, as well as with other areas of the University, to develop creative and compelling ways to tell the Alfred University story to donors (individual and corporate), prospective donors, and alumni.
- Seeking ongoing input and guidance from the Advancement Office related to achieving their fundraising targets
- Developing advertising and collateral materials and digital assets based on input from the Advancement Office
- Translating themes and concepts into compelling marketing copy
- Developing annual campaigns designed to attract and resonate with targeted prospects
- Working with the Marketing and Communication department's graphic designers and content specialists to develop engaging advertising materials for a variety of media platforms (social media, print advertising, outdoor advertising, collateral materials)
- Overseeing contract compliance of external marketing and/or media consultants
- Write copy that is in line with the marketing objectives of the Advancement Office and the brand standards of the university
- Maintain and update the websites that pertain to prospective donor development and relationship management (i.e., landing pages)
- Collaborate with the Advancement team on all campaign and event-related communications
- Analyze data received from the Advancement Office to inform strategy and adapt email/campaign outreach, continually working toward maximizing the impact of digital/electronic messaging
- Design, execute and oversee the production of all print Marketing materials for the Advancement Office
- Execute other duties as assigned with a positive, solutions-focused attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism, business administration, or a related liberal arts field or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- A minimum of 4 years of marketing communications and campaign development experience with increasing responsibility in the digital and print communications area, preferably in fundraising marketing at an academic or nonprofit institution
- Demonstrated track record of strong creative concept development and campaign implementation
- Additional Knowledge/Skills:
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with extensive experience editing and proofreading
- Strategic thinking and planning
- Creative mind and eye
- Familiarity and strong facility with social media platforms and current trends
- Ability to serve as an ambassador of the University with availability to work/travel independently in the evening and on weekends as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A valid driver's license
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
BusinessView all jobs at Alfred University
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?