The PA or NP must be committed to providing high-quality, patient centered care. The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for taking over many of our new patients as well as some of our existing patients. We’re looking for a professional who is passionate about patient care. They will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting patient care, oftentimes advising patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or providing case management. We encourage our patients to pursue preventive care and risk factor modification. If this sounds like a match for your style of practice, please apply.
- Prepare and update patient records through our EHR system (Cerner Powerworks) including patients' histories, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Orders and/or interprets the results of diagnostic tests.
- Provide advice on healthy habits and practices for patients based on their current health status
- EKG rhythm identification and interpretation.
- Prescribe and refill medications as needed
- Assist practice physician when needed
- Maintain patient confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in a Cardiology
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Experience with Cerner EMR system is ideal, but not necessary
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills