This position performs under minimum supervision. Responsibilities include properly communicating, performing and monitoring the daily and weekly production and quality assurance of sales orders along with the receiving, sampling, quality testing and storage of inbound products. This is a working, hands on position in a vertically designed plant with exposure to outside weather conditions.
The Plant Foreman will assist in monitoring of inventory levels and the condition of the products being handled at this location. This role is also responsible for monitoring and performing routine preventative maintenance checks, maintenance repairs, keeping the required schedule of daily and weekly reports, maintaining safe operations and good housekeeping practices, completing miscellaneous projects, and communicating recommendations.
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager related to work assignments and all requests beyond work assignments. Additionally, this position has dotted line responsibilities to the Corporate Operations Manager, Corporate Controller, and General Manager.
Interested Candidates are asked to complete the following assessments.
- Culture Index: https://www.cultureindex.com/c/3Q5aQj6Y0v
- Wonderlic: https://apply.wonscore.io/MWN7FG/Alfagreen-Supreme
· Responsible for handling daily activities in a safe manner
· Responsible for communicating safety concerns to the Quality Assurance/Production Manager
· Safely operate any required rolling stock
1. Training by an approved AGS employee required prior to operating any rolling stock
· Keep & monitor a safe working environment
· Attendance of Quarterly Safety Meetings
· Participant in Safety incentive program
· Responsible for producing quality products
· Responsible for monitoring and recording weights
· Responsible for communicating quality issues or concerns to Supervisor and Quality Assurance/Production Manager
· Responsible for performing Inventory Management Procedures
· Preparation of product for customer sales orders
§ Prepare Bulk shipments for all sale order’s to customers specifications
§ Prepare Bagged shipments for all sale order’s to customers specifications, if applicable
§ Produce the order in a timely fashion
§ Fill all load out bins daily
§ Safely pack/bag , sew, stack, and store all bagged inventory, if applicable
§ Quality assurance
a. Verify protein level
d. Sieve Test
· Communicate any discrepancies or concerns
· Receive internal transfers and inbound external shipments
· Sample, quality test, store, document, and monitor all internal transfers and inbound external shipments
· Monitoring, loading, communication and recommendations of Outbound Shipments
· Record keeping
· Communication, documentation, prepare inventory paperwork, and bagged check weighing reports, if applicable
· Monitor, communicate, and discuss inventory levels, product conditions, and recommendations
· Monitoring, quality testing, unloading and communication of internal transfers and inbound shipments
· Monitoring of temperatures and Inventory Storage Management
1. Aeration Systems, if applicable
2. Weekly coring
· Monitoring and performing Inventory Size Ups
· Inventory report management
· Communicating status and recommendations to Supervisor
· Responsible for monitoring, performing documenting and communicating Preventative maintenance within assigned schedules
· Responsible for discussing and recommending maintenance issues and/or concerns with Supervisor
· Monitor and help maintain safe work environment
6. Responsible to perform Lab Operations
· Responsible for lab maintenance
· Responsible for timely communication and exchange of reports
7. Supportive of the Company Leadership, Mission, Vision and Core Values
· Standard of excellence
· Situational awareness
· Decision process
· Verification/Follow up
8. General Duties:
· Complete all tasks in a timely manner and as instructed by supervisor.
· Follow and give directions, comprehend, retain, and communicate effectively and professionally with others.
· Think and act calmly and logically in dealing with coworkers, customers, vendors, and others.
· Use and operate plant and office equipment, tools, and machines appropriately and safely.
· Lift, carry, push, pull and move product, boxes, equipment, tools, and machines as necessary.
· Adhere to established policies and procedures.
· Observe all safety requirements.
· Meet attendance requirements and adhere to work schedules.
· Attend and participate in meetings as needed.
· Maintain confidentiality of company information.
Our simple philosophy is to do what we say and say what we do. We offer premier products and service through our emphasis on seed to feed. This results in a satisfied retail customer purchasing finished feed from a leading feed manufacture.
Vision Statement: To be the premier provider of alfalfa products through competitive advantage, innovative ideas, up-to-date technologies, and most importantly, strong business relationships.
Mission Statement: To create customer value through quality products and services at an affordable price while creating a safe and rewarding work environment for our people and the profitability to grow our company.
Alfagreen SupremeFounded in 1960, Alfagreen Supreme is a leading supplier of dehydrated alfalfa products. Alfagreen Supreme has more than a century’s worth of experience in growing and supplying dehydrated alfalfa to domestic and international markets. Through decades of hard work and innovation, our privately-held entity continues to seed success through enhanced products and service. Our simple philosophy is to do what we say and say what we do. We offer premier products and service through our emphasis on seed to feed. This results in a satisfied retail customer purchasing finished feed from a leading feed manufacture. Vision Statement: To be the premier provider of alfalfa products through competitive advantage, innovative ideas, up-to-date technologies, and most importantly, strong business relationships. Mission Statement: To create customer value through quality products and services at an affordable price while creating a safe and rewarding work environment for our people and the profitability to grow our company.