Location San Diego, CA
Job Function Asset Services
Employment Status Temporary, Full-Time
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500 urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner, operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more information, please visit www.are.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for opening and closing the office.
- Greet and direct guests accordingly, and act as first point of contact for the office.
- Order and maintain inventory of all office supplies, printers, and office snacks/beverages.
- Manage and distribute all mail/packages daily and coordinating all outgoing mail needs including preparing FedEx packages.
- Act as emergency administrator for the office, including, emergency backpacks, monthly emergency checklists and maintaining resource forms.
- Answer telephones during business hours.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the office, ensure conference spaces are clean and ready for meetings.
- Coordinate all catering needs, order food for lunches, meetings, birthdays, etc.
- Manage conference space bookings for tenant event space through AsureSpace platform.
- Assist with assigning and tracking work orders.
- Send out tenant notices.
- Assist with document reproduction.
- Set up and maintain tenant card access for common area spaces.
- Provide general support to other operating divisions of the company as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Minimum two years of administrative office experience, ideally supporting a corporate environment.
- Thorough knowledge of all general office practices, protocols and procedures required.
- Superb organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and work diligently.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must possess a sense of urgency, be highly proficient and organized in scheduling and maintaining calendars.
- Must possess very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels.
- Be able to anticipate needs, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work as part of a team and support the office as needed.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Keynote, a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and people skills.
- Must be able to interact with individuals at all levels.